Kazaa screwed

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. This is all your Daddy's internet.

YouTube, #17 and still rising, has changed the playing field.

Giving away content...
    With the main limitation being lower quality...
    And allowing mashup homages, etc...
    Is rapidly becoming the mother of free, laser precise targeting and advertising...
    For all forms of media... music, TV, movies, news.

The people that see the possibilities...
    And exploit sites like YouTube...
    Will dominate the media landscape in the future.

#11     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Neodude

Neodude

There is some disagreement to their legitimacy, but they still continue to operate in Russia without problems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4328269.stm

-Neo

#12     Jul 27, 2006
  3. I love dc++ it´s open source and operated on hubs all over the world, mostly north and eastern europe, so the guys at RIAA can´t do sht about it...

ahoy m8!

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. gaj

gaj

i had kazaa lite from way back when, and if it's not on my hard drive, i have it on a backed up disc somewhere. i know i'm not the only one...

the riaa and mpaa have much more in common with the mafia than with legitimate business.

#14     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#15     Jul 27, 2006
  6. bit torrent anyone?

#16     Jul 28, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Bit torrent is freaking hard to use. There is no better one right now than Limewire, lots of files/users, no spam, easy to use and qucik...

#17     Jul 28, 2006
  8. i gotta disagree

torrents are where it's at right now, imo..

and i think Azureus is the best:
    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

#18     Jul 28, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Soulseek still kicking?

#19     Jul 28, 2006
  10. Correct. If the industry hadn't stuck their heads in the sand for 8 years, they could have made a lot more money. I know tons of kids who use iTunes to get their content and have no problem paying a buck for a tune. That price will go down. Sure, there's copy protection involved but I feel that it will ge more lax as time goes by.

Limewire still works fine, as someone here said. eMule still works fine. The RIAA will never be able to control the dissemination of file sharing s/w or devise any credible threat to those who use it. I am not sure if they will ever figure out a way to release a track that is not downloadable.

The record industry still has value that they can add to the products they sell, but since technology has taken them out of the production loop, they have to come up with new reasons that people will get them to broker their products. They still have huge power intra-industry and that's why they are spending more time creating acts as opposed to signing acts that already exist.

btw... kazaa might be screwed now but didn't they make a hell of a lot of money before yesterday?

#20     Jul 28, 2006