Kawabunga platform from ABN Amro Sage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Trajan, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right and they use a program called Risk Compass for their analytic. That software seems to be pretty comprehensive. Have you used this software at all and if so what do you think of it?

Also, the Kawabunga platform though has the greeks and everything right so even though its purely for execution you can still manage your risk on that platform correct?

#11     Oct 26, 2003
  2. I'm going to be starting with Kawabunga thru GreenTree in about a week from now. I'll let you know how it goes for me. So far, after having used the demo of Kawabunga, I can say it is excellent for options trading--gives you all your Greeks, good for equities trading, but still lacking in the futures department, but I've been told that ABN is working to improve the futures execution part of the platform.

#12     Oct 26, 2003
  3. jeffgus

jeffgus

I have been in constant dialog with the programmers (along with a few office traders) to add the required tools for the complete platform. They have been "Ok" so far but do take there time to release a new upgrade. The connectivity is stable and the best options platform around.

I asked for more charting features and so they have been working with E-signal to add their analytics in to complete the full integrated package.

They were lacking some tools for futures and needed it done quickly. They were going to test their beta further, so we added X Trader to the product offering. We will do what ever we need to deliverer the best trading tools to the screen of our traders. Just don't sit back and let the technology pass you by.

This competitive marketplace will pick your pocket if you have no trading edge, technology edge and mental edge.

#13     Oct 26, 2003
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Have you used Risk Compass yet? If so, how do you like it?

#14     Oct 26, 2003
  5. tomf

tomf

I haven't used RiskCompass yet, as i'm no options trader. However, I know that traders wo use it highly praise it.
    It was developed by Mike Williams (former PCX floor trader) and Amy Hoffmann who even wrote an excellent book on options (Fundamentals of the Option Market).
    I know that greentree will roll out a new website this week which will introduce this product.

#15     Oct 26, 2003
  6. Hi,

Is there an API available for Kawabunga or is one planned?

Will a functional system be available for testing API programs with the same ease of access as IB's TWS demo? No great future for Kawabunga if it does not.

nononsense

#16     Oct 26, 2003
  7. Trajan

Trajan

How do I get a DEMO, call Sage or Greentree? The one on Sage's website is password protected.

#17     Oct 26, 2003
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Call Keith. You and he are going to have a lot to talk about. LOL.

#18     Oct 26, 2003
  9. Maverick,

Yes, I have had the opportunity to try Risk Compass and I think it's a fantastic piece of software. It really simplifies the process of picking the right options strategy for your market opinion. Then, once you choose your strategy (e.g., bull spread, bear spread, straddle, iron butterfly, condor, etc.) it helps you select the best strikes and expiration months. Also, I like the theoretical P/L graphing that is built into the program so you can see how your position will change in value as the underlying changes and as time decay kicks in.

Joe

#19     Oct 26, 2003
  10. Hi Trajan,

I am not really interested in a demo by itself.

(1) I am looking for an Application Programming Interface to Kawa. (In fact a lot of confusion has been introduced on ET by people using the term API for things that have nothing to do with API).

(2) I would like to find out what facilities exist for testing trading applications based on such an API once it is written.

(3) It so happens that at IB, the TWS demo is fully functional also under the API. Sorry, I was not 100% clear on this. By all means I would be interested in a Kawa demo if it also can be operated upon from a Kawa API.

(4) Things move fast in this world. I don't think there is much future for a platform that will not offer full API capabilities. Development testing is an important aspect of this.

Thank you for replying.

nononsense

#20     Oct 26, 2003