Katie Couric Sarah Palin Interview

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MandelbrotSet, Sep 25, 2008.

1. rc5781

rc5781

2004 SEC allows 40 to 1 leverage vs 12 to 1 leverage?

bitch please....

#31     Sep 25, 2008
  2. sg20

sg20

Obama has a record of 130 present votes; he has a very confused mind, you can not trust him on issues and you certainly can not trust him to lead the nation.

#32     Sep 25, 2008
  3. yayt

yayt

Thanks for posting this MandelBrotSet, I hadn't seen it.

#33     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Everyone here has their viewpoint and their opinion(s) about the two candidates (especiall the McCain/Palin ticket - please review the videos at the beginning of the thread if you have any questions as to WHY).

So lets get to the debates already, and a lot of these questions can (and will) be answered.

Oh yeah, that's right:

THE MCCAIN CAMP BACKED OUT OF THE DEBATES

Using the excuse of:

"Oh, there's a National Crisis"

"Oh, the Sky is Falling"

"Oh My, What am I Going to Do?!"

I just can't believe that intelligent men like yourselves (well, I'm talking to Pabst Prime here, I don't know the rest of you guys), are buying this hogshit!

#34     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Was that something Obama did before he was elected to office in 2004 or is that the sole reason in your opinion for the current financial crisis?

#35     Sep 25, 2008
  6. vingbel

vingbel

She's an idiot. You put her a hearbeat away from the most important office in the land and you'll get what you deserve. Just like you're from Chicago, I can tell you about Alaska. Believe me, she ran the place a like petty dictator. And not a smart one like Putin.

And hell yes, I want a President as smart as the other world leaders. I want someone as smart as Castro and Putin.

#36     Sep 25, 2008
  7. vingbel

vingbel

Agreed.

#37     Sep 25, 2008
  8. rc5781

rc5781

#38     Sep 25, 2008
  9. OK, here's the upcoming schedule:

Each debate starts at 9PM Eastern time!

September 26, 2008: Presidential debate with foreign policy focus, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS

October 2, 2008: Vice Presidential debate, Washington University, St. Louis, MO

October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN

October 15, 2008: Presidential debate with domestic policy focus, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Here is a break down of what each debate will consist of:

1. First Presidential Debate:
    Date: September 26 – Site: University of Mississippi – Topic: Foreign Policy & National Security – Moderator: Jim Lehrer – Staging: Podium debate – Answer Format: The debate will be broken into nine, 9-minute segments. The moderator will introduce a topic and allow each candidate 2 minutes to comment. After these initial answers, the moderator will facilitate an open discussion of the topic for the remaining 5 minutes, ensuring that both candidates receive an equal amount of time to comment

2. Vice Presidential Debate
    Date: October 2nd – Site: Washington University (St. Louis) – Moderator: Gwen Ifill – Staging/Answer Format: Debate will consist of both foreign and domestic policy questions asked by the moderator. Format will be similar to the presidential debates.

3. Second Presidential Debate
    Date: October 7 – Site: Belmont University – Moderator: Tom Brokaw – Staging: Town Hall debate – Format: The moderator will call on members of the audience (and draw questions from the internet). Each candidate will have 2 minutes to respond to each question. Following those initial answers, the moderator will invite the candidates to respond to the previous answers, for a total of 1 minute, ensuring that both candidates receive an equal amount of time to comment. In the spirit of the Town Hall, all questions will come from the audience (or internet), and not the moderator.

4. Third Presidential Debate
    Date: October 15 – Site: Hofstra University – Topic: Domestic and Economic Issues – Moderator: Bob Schieffer – Staging: Candidates will be seated at a table – Answer Format: Same as First Presidential Debate – Closing Statements: At the end of this debate (only) each candidate shall have the opportunity for a 90 second closing statement.

Presidential Debate Schedule

#39     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Randi Rhodes said it best, "Anyone who takes McCain-Palin seriously should not be taken seriously!

#40     Sep 25, 2008