Katie Couric Sarah Palin Interview

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MandelbrotSet, Sep 25, 2008.

1. vingbel

vingbel

The reason we're becoming a third world country is that our "real" tax rate is way below the rest of the developed world. Our "real" corporate tax rate is the lowest of all developed nations. So is the "real" personal rate on the wealthiest in our country.

You seem like an honest guy paying his far share of taxes. Like you, I pay a hefty tax every year. But, many of my neighbors and colleagues don't. They bitch about terrible infrastructure, yet aren't willing to pay for it. Hell, some of them earn into the seven figures, yet pay virtually nothing in taxes.

Like Warren Buffet said. He pays less in taxes than his secretary. He thought it was criminal.

Anyway, moving to another country where taxes are higher, or should I say fairer, might be what you want to do. You'll get the benefit of good infrastructure and better functioning health care system. And you'll get good government since in many other developed countries, working for the government is considered a prestigious job and attracts the best and the brightest.

#151     Sep 28, 2008
  2. vingbel

vingbel

Yes, she can be replaced. And, yes, it may make McCain seem like a flip-flopper. But polling shows that he is already viewed a someone who chances his political positions.

Plus, the way it would work is that she would step off the ticker because of ABC reason. Whether it be one of the many scandals she's becoming linked to or some specific as yet unpublicized malfeasance.

#152     Sep 28, 2008