Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cstfx, Nov 24, 2008.

1. If you made 95 trades and won 75 using fundamental analyses, then why is you trade winnings in points so low at 2000 points. Is your average win per trade around 20/30 points? This is very mean reversion.

#31     Dec 9, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

It makes ya' wonder why is it ONLY $99.95/month for the signal service with such amazing results!

#32     Dec 9, 2008
  3. Lol......didn't know about the signal service. The wild west of fx......lol. There is actually a good paper floating around about whether banks have superior information regarding the directional movement of fx rates and it was found conclusively that none of the top fx trading Banks had any superior advatage in the forecsting of exchange rate movement.

It makes you wonder if someone who charges 99$ a month does!

#33     Dec 9, 2008
  4. Midas

Midas

I have no affiliation with this service and do not trade forex but 99 per month is chump change. Why don't you find out for yourself.

#34     Dec 9, 2008
  5. jbt

jbt

Again everything we do is documented in a real trading account. We have the facts to back up everything I've written here unlike the amateur speculation that masquerades as analysis on ET.

Some one wondered why I do not post more here and this is precisely the reason. Trying to have an intelligent discussion here is next to impossible.

Tell me Nash - have you ever considered the possibility that event driven trend trading can be done on an intra day basis explaining both our high rate of success and modest profit per trade?

And Surdo just because we had a good year this year does not necessarily mean that we will have one next year. We charge 99/mo because we thought it to be a fair price when we started doing BKT and the vast majority of our subs are very happy as you can see by the reviews.

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.BKForexAdvisor.com

I am more than happy to answer any REAL trading questions and genuine critiques you may have but lets not have this turn into typical ET insultathon, High school was many decades ago for most of us.

#35     Dec 9, 2008

6. Firstly, i did not insult you. I asked you all trading questions none of my questions moved off that topic. You answered my question in the first paragraph but in a very sarcastic manner. Why can't you just answer my trading questions as i asked them?

You say you do event trading, so explain that to us. I am not insulting you as i explained what trading questions i have and why. You, now say that you do event trading off fundamental analysis, so we are getting somewhere now.

Question, if you doing event trading off FA why is your profit per trade so low since you will still need to profit from a trend. Unless, you scalping economic data, such as NFP for 20/30 pips?

I hope these questions are not offending you.

#36     Dec 9, 2008
  7. Tell me Nash - have you ever considered the possibility that event driven trend trading can be done on an intra day basis explaining both our high rate of success and modest profit per trade?

Also, regarding the above statement, if you are event trading, to make 20/30 points is too low, the reason is that relative to the average volatility, this would be scalping, right? If you are event trading, how can a 20/30 point movement trigger any trades net alone a profit target?

Assuming you trying to capitalize on the breakdown of the carry trade using FA, how do you end up only pulling in a profit of 20/30 points when avg intra day vol alone is higher than that?

#37     Dec 9, 2008

8. If you are such a good trader , why didn't FXCM offer you a job to trade their managed accounts porgrams ?????????!!!!!!!!

Since none of the managed account programs is making any profit.....

http://www.fxcm.com/managed-accounts/managed-accounts-programs.jsp

Ley me get the logic here : the traders in control of the managed accounts SUCK big time and on the other hand the head analysts Boris & Kathy are claiming they banked 2000 pips, makes PERFECT SENSE LOL

#38     Dec 9, 2008
  9. jbt

jbt

We trade event risk with the following parameters:

1. 2 units
    2. Stop of 60 points (120 point total risk)
    3, 1st Target is 30 points
    4. Position moves to breakeven
    5. 2nd unit is actively managed to obtain 100+ points.

How often do we make 100+ on the 2nd unit? - about 20% of the time

Trades last anywhere from 3-24 hours

#39     Dec 9, 2008
  10. THE CHALLENGE to Boris & Kathy , start a managed account program and prove you can trade instead of selling stuff like books,signal service,etc.....

#40     Dec 9, 2008