Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cstfx, Nov 24, 2008.

1. I just read your post after I posted the previous post. I think I overviewed a book authored probably by an author of that name.

I focused on what I already had as my own insight and conclusion, and spent an hour reading his discussion on how to trade bollinger bands and also the crosses.

If Boris is around, I would like to discuss with him some topics which I think are fundamental to trading.

He seems to have registered in 2004. How come we do not hear from him more?

Boris: it would be good to have you here more often. Please refer to me as RFT (RFT is just a name, not a trading philosophy even if RFT nails tops and bottoms that surprises even the person behind this character!).

#21     Dec 8, 2008
  2. jbt

jbt

Laetitia decided to leave trading after the show.

#22     Dec 8, 2008
  3. jbt

jbt

Obviously I meant 2008.

If you look at the 10 most recent reviews on Forex peace army they are all 5 stars or 4

#23     Dec 8, 2008
  4. jbt

jbt

Yes we are going to have a "where are they now" chapter. Most are still trading proving that these guys were the real deal

#24     Dec 8, 2008
  5. jbt

jbt

You can post any questions here and I'll try to respond

#25     Dec 8, 2008
  6. Dmitri Chavkerov AKA Felix Homogratus does not exactly have the best reputation in the FX business. IMO it does not do you a service to have any affiliation with Forex Peace Army!

I enjoyed reading both Kathy's first book and your TA book.

el pollo

#26     Dec 8, 2008
  7. jbt

jbt

We have absolutely no affiliation with it. Someone just brought it up on the thread and I wanted to point out that all the recent reviews by our subscribers have been overwhelmingly positive with respect to their experience with us.

Our trading model has been extremely robust in this challenging environment ( we are currently managing 20th positive trade in a row (short USDJPY). Of course the streak wont last but having traded the model over a very wide variety of environments we remain confident in its efficacy.

( And no I cannot give much details on the model save for the fact that its discretionary not mechanical and we always trade trend.)

#27     Dec 9, 2008
  8. ( And no I cannot give much details on the model save for the fact that its discretionary not mechanical and we always trade trend.)

Therefore you have no quantifiable edge.

You have a model yet your trading is discretionary? Do you at least have a fundamental thesis? Soros gets out of his trades when his so called back hurts but at least he still has the theory of reflexivity!

#28     Dec 9, 2008
  9. jbt

jbt

Yes of course we have a fundamental thesis. I love how on ET people are so quick to criticize without having even the smallest clue of what we do.

This year we made more than 95 trades with more than 75 of those winners for a more than 75% accuracy rate with more than 2000+ points of profit.

When I trade these are the type of "quantifiable" edges I look for.

The BKT model works for us - i am not here to argue its merits or flaws. I just brought it up because some posters lied and claimed that we do not trade.

As Kathy says we are "traders first and analysts second"

#29     Dec 9, 2008
  10. Well you may be the first fx fundamental or Macro trader in the world with a hit rate of over 75% accuracy. The reason is most fundy traders profit off trends which statistically give you a low w/l ratio whereas mean reversion traders have a high w/l with low profits per trade. You may be the first fundamental MR fx trader i have seen but don't tell me that you trade using fundamentals to profit of trends with over 75% w/l ratio. If that is true, then you have truly found the holy grail.

I am not criticizing you, i don't know you but i am questioning what you are saying.

#30     Dec 9, 2008