Kasparov vs Deep Junior

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jan 25, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Yes,

I should have made that clear. You are also probably correct in the second statement, but I think you way underestimate the strength of DJ on this machine - I believe it is rated at close to FIDE 2750.

nitro

#21     Jan 28, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

#22     Jan 29, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

4. nitro

nitro

#24     Jan 30, 2003
  5. He did blunder, but what is really amazing to see is how well Deep Junior is playing. Usually, when you are playing an open game with a computer, it is the worst case scenerio since the computer has a much better ability with open games than closed ones.

He was trying for a perpetual check for the draw but what is really amazing is how Deep Junior pulled the game off.

Nitro, you have said that it would be 10 years before a computer beats another world chess champion but it appears that, with three games to go (of which Deep Jr. plays white twice), that this match is really going to come close.

#25     Jan 31, 2003
  6. Kasper needs to rest and win the next one for sure...

#26     Jan 31, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

Gulp,

I might eat shit.

nitro :(

#27     Feb 1, 2003
  8. I hate to say it but I'm secretly routing for the computer (just so I can watch Nitro eat shit).

:D

#28     Feb 1, 2003
  9. i'm no great chess player, but computers are just going to get better and better at this stuff. it will be no surprise to me if computers continue to beat even the best humans.

#29     Feb 1, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro