Karl's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NasdaqPlayer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Started out the day real bad like always but was able to snap out of it and cut my losses very early on all other trades and finished the day +105. Still over traded, my trading plan calls out for only 3-5 trades if that, so I had my max tickets per day set to 10, this should keep my ass in check only looking at my selected picks. I need to finish positive every week for a few months to make profits a habit. Over all it was a shity day because I didnt follow every rule.

#11     Aug 13, 2008
  2. Darshan

Darshan

I know all about tilt trading and giving up profits. I had this bad habit of trading my P&L, now I take it completely off my screen and don't look at it. Your P&L should NOT affect your judgement... Trading is as much psychology as it is finance I believe...

Make hard and fast rules and STICK TO THEM. I actually bought an eletric shock pen and everytime I broke one of my rules I would zap myself.. ugh!!

#12     Aug 13, 2008
  3. youre right i am on tilt as my account has been taking hits alot lately. I will take my score window off my platform tomorrow and monitor my emotions during trading. Another thing is I think i sit infront of the screen too much... i mean im in the screens from open to close. i think ill just trade the first 2-3 hours from now on. Thank you for commenting sir.

#13     Aug 14, 2008
  4. Interesting day, I didnt take my p/l off my platform but I really noticed why I should, the whole day today i was focused on it, before I turned off my software i took it off for tomorrow. Setting a low max tickets per day count helped me alot, i had 1 winner and 1 loser. Finished the day +22. Its not much, but my mindset was correct, I was disciplined in choosing my trades and overall I was less anxious. My winner was CTRP long, the loser was RDEN.
    RDEN was also long and i had a small profit for a while but it broke down do to very low volume i belive. Like I said 22 dollars isnt much but there wasnt much outthere today, and all I care about is being green consistently, wether its 1 dollar or 1000. Great day.

#14     Aug 14, 2008
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Good work, Nas! Hope you caught that CTRP end of day break out of consolidation!

#15     Aug 14, 2008
  6. Good discipline, good day. Caught SPWR long for .50 and LAMR long for .29 finished the day +85. Fridays arent my favorite, but I do ok, both trades were kind of open break set ups, I was actually lucky that both trades worked out before the Qs crashed. Also took +.09 out of INFY and that got beat down by the Qs also. As im writing this the Qs are back up green. My day is done, I followed the rules.

#16     Aug 15, 2008