Karl Rove Quote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Implementing a bit of poetic license with a Karl Rove quote on VP picks for McCain back in mid August of this year:

"With all due respect again to Governor _______, ____'s been a governor for less than two years, ____'s been able but undistinguished," Rove said. "I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that ____'s done. _____was mayor of the a small city in A____a."

Rove continued: "So if McCain were to pick Governor ______, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with, is this person capable of being president of the United States."

Yes, the real problem with _______ is that he's only been governor of a thinly populated state for less than 2 years, and before that, _______ was only the mayor of a small-size city.

This, of course, made ________ "undistinguished," unprepared for national office, and the very idea of putting ________ on a national ticket was practically ridiculous.

Now, here is the quote from Rove:

" "With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished," Rove said. "I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America."

Rove continued: "So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with, is this person capable of being president of the United States."

Yes, the real problem with Tim Kaine is that he's only been governor of a large state for three years, and before that, he was only the mayor of a mid-size city. This, of course, made him "undistinguished," unprepared for national office, and the very idea of putting him on a national ticket was practically ridiculous.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_08/014472.php