KARL ROVE: Donald Trump Is Discrediting The Entire Republican Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 10, 2011.

1. http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-oreilly-karl-rove-video-2011-3

KARL ROVE: Donald Trump Is Discrediting The Entire Republican Party

Donald Trump appeared on the O'Reilly Factor last night and proceeded to reiterate, yet again, how he doesn't think that Obama was born in the United States and that he is not showing his birth certificate because it might show that he is a Muslim and on and on.

It was all of the same stuff he has been saying over and over and over and over and over for the past two weeks.

Thankfully, Trump's point of view was not shared by the rest of O'Reilly's guests or even by O'Reilly himself.

During their interview, O'Reilly expressed disbelief that Trump was actually a birther at all, and O'Reilly's next guest, Karl Rove, also tried to distance himself and the rest of the Republican party from Trump's newfound birtherism.

"The right wing base of the Republican party, I'm part of that right wing base, is not in love with the issue of birthers. I mean, there is an element inside the Republican party, and outside the Republican party, that's fallen in love with this but the majority of Republicans and the vast majority of Americans accept is he a U.S. citizen capable of being president."

Rove was especially disconcerted with how Trump seems to be actually becoming more and more of a birther as time goes on.

"You know, the troubling thing in the interview tonight was he said as time has gone on here, over the last couple of weeks, he has become more interested and more believing in the issue. You know, when he first brought it up, he said 'of course I accept that he's a citizen. He ought to just release the, release his birth certificate.' Different tone tonight. This is a mistake. It will marginalize him and he's falling into Barack Obama's trap. Barack Obama wants Republicans to fall into this trap because he knows it discredits us with the vast majority of the American people when they do."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eYahb_RTeIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/29/pawlenty-calls-out-trump/

Pawlenty calls out Trump

(CNN) - Donald Trump should quit questioning President Obama's birthplace, says Tim Pawlenty, a potential future opponent of Trump's for the Republican presidential nomination.

Appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Pawlenty said he doesn't doubt Obama was, in fact, born in Hawaii and says members of his party should stop pushing the issue.

"I, for one, do not believe we should be raising that issue," the ex-Minnesota governor said. "I think President Obama was born in the United States."

As for his thoughts on a seemingly improbable Trump presidential candidacy, Pawlently said, "I think he's talented. I think he's funny. I think he's interesting."

The comments come a day after Trump pushed the issue farther down the road, telling Fox News he is "really concerned" the president was not born in the United States.

"All of the sudden a lot of facts are emerging, and I am starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country," he said.

Trump followed those comments up by releasing what he said was his own birth certificate to the conservative website Newsmax.com. The certificate Trump released however is not an official one, according to Politico.

It should be noted that CNN and other news organizations have thoroughly debunked the rumors about the president's birthplace. Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate - officially called a "certificate of live birth" - and the hospital where he was born took out ads in two Hawaiian newspapers in 1961 announcing the birth.

3. jem

jem

why so you keep posting about this crap? are you concerned the states are actually going to ask for proof that obama is a natural born citizen to get on the ballot.

Rove advises politicians. You never know why he says what he does. he seems to avoid lying so he probably believes what he is saying, but he is probably saying it to because he thinks it is good for one of his clients.

4. Why do you keep responding to this crap or care that I post it ? Does the fact that smart Republicans are basically calling you birthers a bunch of idiots and don't want to be associated with you hurt your feelings ?

As for as me being concerned I don't want Obama re elected as he is a disgrace to the democratic party but I am not putting my hopes on states not allowing him to be on the ballot or any other birther fantasies

5. If they do so I hope they do it quick so that Hilary or another real democrat can take his place on the ballot

6. There was at time when the democratic party was the party of kooks.

Now that we have the afterbirthers, birchers, right wing fascist Christians, etc. the kooks are found in the GOP.

7. There is only one reason to post this story.

It's the same as every other libtard post.

Try to keep the document a secret.

The left is #%^^# it's collective pants.

They know what'll happen if the document comes to light.

Everyone will see them for what they are. And the rino's like rove, too. They've been in on it so it'll be their end as well. So.......

KEEP THE DOCUMENT A SECRET....AT ALL COSTS!

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

And "the one" is using a phony ss# from a Mr Ludwig who was born in 1890 and died in Hawaii.......while "the one's" granny worked in the Hawaii probate office.

And save the crap about the ssa recycling ss#'s. They don't.

The lid is going to blow and it's going to be sweet to watch liberal pinheads explode.

8. Did you ever get a chance to see all of Bush's medical, military, and school records?

Didn't think so...

Why do politicians keep the general public from seeing their records?

Because they can, especially the president. Part of the privilege.

I am assuming of course that you are as upset about former presidents hiding their records as you are about Obama, you know, fair and balanced and all of that.

Look, Rosemary Woods erased that tape.

Have you ever considered that there is no BC in the form you are looking for, that it was lost, or destroyed?

If so, then that means necessarily that Obama is not a natural born citizen?

The state of Hawaii had no problem, nor did Congress, nor did Hillary, nor did McCain.

You know when it became an issue?

Only after Obama was elected...which many of the black haters never thought would happen.

So get real...please. This is an embarrassment when we have so many serious problems to deal with.

Why not just put up a better candidate than John Freaking McCain?

If the republicans don't win in 2012, it is not about Obama, it is about the weakness of the GOP.

Same when Bush won in 2004, Bush was a loser and a fool and was destroying our country...and the dems put up John Kerry?

If you can win, then just win baby, and drop this silly venture into poor sportsmanship.

9. In case you missed it these posts are about top Republicans distancing themselves and their party from birthers

10. States don't have the right to ask for proof actually, it is not a state's rights issue.

It is a federal issue, period.

#10     Apr 10, 2011