Karen the "Supertrader"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drmark27, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Isn't that exactly what the FED wants for their investing?

#21     Dec 10, 2012
  2. :D Good for her , and you here with all the fancy charting , and bs ,
    she is one sharp lady , live and learn.

#22     Dec 10, 2012
  3. Bry

Bry

Who cares what her returns were from 2002-2007? It generally takes at LEAST 5 years to become a good trader...so they were probably not very good returns, and rightly so.

#23     Dec 10, 2012
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am actually surprised how open she is about the strategy. Watching the videos and with a little option experience, it can be recreated fairly well. You would think that one with a killer strategy and results would be more secretive....

Anyway, since somebody asked:

Well, I do. It is rather irrelevant compared to her fund managment, but it would show giant ballsiness and improvement if after 5 years of nothing she suddenly not just upped the account 10 times, but right away did a 50% return.

#24     Dec 10, 2012
  5. shes selling lottery tickets.. like the local ..7 eleven.

#25     Dec 10, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113413&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

#26     Dec 10, 2012
  7. haha but the diff is that the local 7-11 doesn't care if someone pays $1 and wins $100 million but she probably would care if she sold a bunch of outs for pennies that are now worth $10.

interesting how she started in 2002 - i wonder what would have happened to her superior strategy of selling puts when the market reopened after 9-11.

#27     Dec 11, 2012
  8. drmark27

drmark27

She does claim to have escaped the financial crisis in 2008. Given that she starts with 50% allocation, does this seem reasonable?

#28     Dec 11, 2012
  9. ktm

ktm

Not without some very specific explaining.

You can't have the S&P get cut in half and not blow up when you are picking up nickels in front of a steamroller...unless you have some rules that help you step away. Maybe that's the case, but I didn't hear that or see anyone elude to it here.

Either Taleb or Neiderhoffer once said..."When the school marm starts dancing on the table, it's time to leave the bar".

#29     Dec 11, 2012
  10. It could be pure luck. Some folks have lots of it in the market.

surf

#30     Dec 11, 2012