Karen the "Supertrader"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drmark27, Dec 10, 2012.

1. wonder why EVERYONE who ever made more than subsistence survival living trading on their own says this? maybe cause its true?

#11     Dec 10, 2012
  2. drmark27

drmark27

Interesting. I'm not familiar with the lady from several years ago. Any idea what her name was?

I posted here because I've yet to hear anybody voice skepticism about her story. I think one of the reasons may be because Sosnoff is presenting her. Many people respect him so much from TOS and they love TOS and love him, etc. Great setup for potential brainwashing.

#12     Dec 10, 2012
  3. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Do you honestly think making claims about trading results on youtube arises to needing to voice skepticism?

#13     Dec 10, 2012
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

A few numbers more:

This year she didn't have a losing month and up 30% (by mid-Oct). Last year she made 53% and the only down month was August by -4.5%.

Now last August was when the market tanked a decent amount, I think the max. down was -14%, but later bounced back. So being down only -4.5% shows that her money management is excellent. Although the real down from the 1st of Aug to the 31st was only -6%. (tanking started in July and the bounce)

The difference between her and an average premium seller are:

1. She also sells calls.
    2. She reserves ammunition, so usually only committed up to 50% of the funds and if a big move happens, readjusts.

At least, that's how I understood it....I would like to see how she performs when the market tanks 20% in 4-5 weeks...

#14     Dec 10, 2012
  5. drmark27

drmark27

Great summary, Pekalo.

#15     Dec 10, 2012
  6. feng456

feng456

ur an idiot

#16     Dec 10, 2012
  7. At first I thought it was this woman the so-called "Queen of Condors" http://www.traders.com/index.php/sa...real-world/1365-the-queen-of-the-iron-condors

But I guess it is yet another woman getting miracle returns from ICs?

Max has been selling ops on the S&P for a LONG time and even he takes a big hit sometimes :

Name of trading advisor: AIM and/or Max G. Ansbacher
    Inception of client account trading: May 1995
    Inception of client account trading pursuant to General Program: May 1995
    Number of open accounts: 1
    Aggregate client assets overall: $15,547,909Aggregate client assets traded pursuant to General Program: $9,374,353
    Largest monthly drawdown (5-year period): (20.76)% (9/08)
    Largest peak-to-valley drawdown (5-year period): (32.01)% (12/07-10/08)
    Number of accounts both opened and closed with a profit (5-year period): 6
    Range of returns experienced for profitable accounts (5-year period): 0.02% to 5.95%
    Number of accounts both opened and closed with a loss (5-year period): 11
    Range of returns experienced for unprofitable accounts (5-year period): (.25)% to (18.71)%
    2012 Annual Rate of Return: 13.68 (3Months)
    2011 Annual Rate of Return: (18.76)%
    2010 Annual Rate of Return: 11.77%
    2009 Annual Rate of Return: 27.42%
    2008 Annual Rate of Return: (28.95)%
    2007 Annual Rate of Return: 5.25%

But I guess these gals just know more and have some "secret" method of avoiding getting "Niederhoffered"?

#17     Dec 10, 2012
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Forgive my math, but that is a 5 years return of big nothing.... Actually, -14%. Even if I add the 6th year's positive 13.6% it is still negative return after 6 years...

So why is she managing money, and who is the idiot funding her???

#18     Dec 10, 2012
  9. No that's the Ansbacher Fund. Max is a well-known S&P option seller. He's been doing it for 30 years. I believe that he rarely got negative returns before a few years ago.

But the idea of the post is that consistent big returns = consistent big risk...Unless you can pay for order flow info, or insider stuff like SAC is accused of.

#19     Dec 10, 2012
  10. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Honestly, I respect Tom's integrity that this is a true and valid story for people to hear. You have to remember that he's trying to create a network to reach out to investors. If he can show someone with no options experience can go from doing classes at investools to managing money, it makes for a good story for his network and for advancing his goals. I saw the video and she seems genuine, and Tom does go after frauds, see Tim Sykes.

#20     Dec 10, 2012