Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD80

TD80

Bobby you are going to be just fine, you have an eye to risk and it sounds like a SHTF plan as well, those are the key things missing from both TT (they espouse to not touch or to just keep rolling out/down when things start going wrong) and from Karen's original strategy. I think people are getting hung up on Karen and TT methodology/mantra in this thread and not realizing you have evolved. You just have to not get caught trying to hold on in one-way death moves, if you can do that and stick to the plan you will make money, there is no doubt that over the long haul premium is vastly overpriced in the U.S. index products particularly.

I do something sort of similar to you for my premium selling (I use verticals/ICs on SPX), shoot me an PM if you want a link to my c2 strat (uses SPY for better bid/ask spreads for reporting) that I am just putting up for the hell of it, it is defined risk and will use 50% of risk capital for the defined risk. I think it would be an interesting benchmark for you to compare with on the risk metrics after awhile as we go forward :) I use a different methodology for adjustments/rolls/directional trading but I suspect you would find it more often than not lines up with "managing by the greeks" since those are all price action/time derived anyway except for interest rates. Target annual returns are 15-20% on total account (or 30-40% on the defined risk max loss).

#951     Oct 25, 2016
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
  2. I certainly agree - my strategy has evolved.

#952     Oct 25, 2016
  3. algofy

algofy

I agree with Luger, when you plan on moving this from an 'experiment' to something meaningful?

#953     Oct 25, 2016
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  4. F_488

F_488

Bobby what happened to your spreadsheet with all your trades on page 1?

#954     Oct 26, 2016
  5. I have restricted access to the spreadsheet. Message me your email and I will send you the link.

#955     Oct 26, 2016
  6. The experiment is down $709.82 for the week. Theta is 463, delta is -551, and vega is -2185. T/V ratio is .21. I initiated 8 opening trades for the week and I closed 3 trades, all of which were profitable. Have a great weekend and Roll Tide! (Even though we have the week off!)

#956     Oct 28, 2016
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Care to explain?

Thanks.

#957     Oct 29, 2016
  8. Here's how the experiment performed for October, 2016. The experiment was up 13.5% for the month (up $23,221.93). It is up 33% since inception on April 5, 2016. I had 42 opening trades and I closed 34 trades during the month. 100% of the closing trades were winners. My current Greeks are theta is 419, delta +475, and vega -1210. The t/v ratio is .35.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#958     Nov 3, 2016
  9. Daal

Daal

What happens to your P&L if Trump is elected and ES opens at 1980?

#959     Nov 3, 2016
  10. atrp2biz

atrp2biz

The ES will already be open. Similar to Brexit, I think a binary event like an election can be managed through the night. The ES didn't gap down--it was a drop over a few hours until it hit limit. If Trump is elected, I would imagine the drop will be of a similar character.

15 minute bars:

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    #960     Nov 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.