Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sle

sle

I am gonna chime in too. You aren't really short - according to your Greeks, you get flat if market sells off about a dollar in SPY-terms (if I read the units correctly). I'd call it neutral to slightly long position, especially considering your vega.

PS. I don't get this desire to be "right" from both sides, this is about making money and not losing a ton. You can make money being long risk premium and you can make money being short risk premium. You can also lose money both ways.

#751     Sep 27, 2016
    kinggyppo likes this.
  2. I agree that my portfolio is long for my standards. I don't fix the issue in one day. I chip away in order to get everything balanced. It is a continual moving target.

Today, I sold two ES calls in different expirations. This is a very enjoyable experiment and I appreciate your comments.

#752     Sep 27, 2016
  3. sle

sle

I have not read the whole thread, so you might have explained it before. Are you continuously maintaining your delta or it's a "sell and forget till expiration"?

#753     Sep 27, 2016
  4. DTB2

DTB2

That chat was too rich for words, only laughter would suffice.

Sossy really selling the Koolaid. "Nobody makes money with 50/50 bets" is he for real?

#754     Sep 27, 2016
    Macca1 and MKTrader like this.
  5. i960

i960

Yep, everyone here should really listen to that interview to really see what Sosnoff is really about. 100% koolaid.

#755     Sep 27, 2016
  6. Surprise

Surprise

What are you selling sweetbobby? It was a bad call to put that super fraud karen in your title ...

#756     Sep 27, 2016
  7. Sle, I never sell and forget. Trades are taken off at 50% of max profit, a loss equal to 2x the initial credit received, or automatically after 24 days (at about 21 days to expiration) regardless of profit or loss. I make a daily trade in order to adjust my deltas.

#757     Sep 27, 2016
  8. I'm selling nothing. This is for my own learning and accountability and frankly I Don't give a damn whether you like the title or not.

The title was given before we learned that Karen had the reporting issues. I'm not changing the thread or title so stuff it. Peace!

#758     Sep 27, 2016
  9. Surprise

Surprise

I dont see live calls here , just trades after the fact = trading in hindsight , cherry picking ... . So where is the experiment exactly ?

#759     Sep 28, 2016
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Does it say "live trading" in the title? But you are right, the title is a bit unfortunate. Karen over leveraged (not to mention the HF set up) but that just makes using her strategy the right way more interesting. Had she continued the way like Bobby and the 2 other Yahoo boys trade the strategy, she could have made a relative easy 10-15% in the last 2 years and she would be the queen of HF managers.

Now someone asked, what is Bobby selling? He is selling a dream. And the dream is that instead of useless chit-chat, someone here on ET puts real money behind an idea and makes it work. And explains it to interested posters. If you don't trust him (how can you not trust a guy called Sweet Bobby??) or you think he is here to sell something, then don't follow this thread.

Otherwise just relax, sit back and enjoy the show. The popcorn is ready in the microwave...

Look guys, the end of too much bitching will be that he is going to go back to the Yahoo board, and you will miss an opportunity to learn something. I understand scepticism, but he is not the only one using this strategy, and so far nothing magical happened. Actually, there is something magical, someone on ET is actually making money by trading... :)

#760     Sep 28, 2016
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.