Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overnight

Overnight

Scratch previous, I'll send you a PM

#511     Aug 17, 2016
  2. Finally a little down action allowed me to close my two problem children trades without too much damage. The account was up about $1,000 on the day and about $5,500 since inception. All the trades are updated in my trade log.

Now my account is too long delta and this begins the daily grind of getting the account back in line.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#512     Aug 18, 2016
  3. The experiment has fully recovered from all the problem children trades and reached its high-water mark today. Now let's see if I can continue to improve from here. The account is up $5,580 since inception.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#513     Aug 18, 2016
  4. As I look over my trading log, it appears that I'm being a little too conservative. I'm going to open things up a bit. I've noticed on several occasions that my theta is under 100. Ideally, I would like to have theta of around 150. As of now I am at 122. Let's see if this will help my results a little over time. Happy trading!

Bobby

#514     Aug 23, 2016
  5. F_488

F_488

Bobby you think thats a good idea at the moment with the current market action.

#515     Aug 24, 2016
  6. Dolemite

Dolemite

Fortune favors the bold! If things get rough just put on the Karen trade. Roll everything out a couple of months and pack a bag for Mexico.

#516     Aug 24, 2016
  7. Fortune favors the...Prepared mind...too; don't attack fortune blindly.
    [​IMG]
    :cool::)

#517     Aug 24, 2016
  8. ktm

ktm

This thing is a powder keg right now.

Every dip is getting bought a bit as the "problem children trades" are covered and squared. I know because I am doing the same thing. Just sitting around begging for some volatility to make a few bucks. There will be a heavy downdraft, no one questions that. The only question is when.

The worst case is this precipice where the yield guys bail because stocks are losing more than they are making in dividends and all the voodoo charts break some magical resistance/support point at the same time and everyone just bails all at once.

Don't get caught on the wrong side my friend.

#518     Aug 24, 2016
  9. Traders always leverage up and get overextended right before the crash that wipes them out. It is trading version of Murphy's Law and is inevitable.

#519     Aug 24, 2016
    newwurldmn and samuel11 like this.
  10. I'm adding short delta to the portfolio. I know a drop is coming.

#520     Aug 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.