Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F_488

F_488

Last the few posts. Talk about getting off topic. No wonder serious Traders get pissed off with Elitetrader. Too many muppetts high jacking peoples threads.

#461     Jul 28, 2016
    Sweet Bobby and Flynrider like this.
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bobby, you should never have a position on that could blow you out. Even a 50% hit is unacceptable. Remember, you have to make 100% going forward just to get back to even. One of the things most traders struggle with is actually not being able to make money, but rather being able to make money with risk controls. Anyone can ride beta. A good seasoned trader can keep his risk limits within that of the overall market and still earn a solid return. You really need to re-think your risk Bobby. You can dodge land mines for years, but sooner or later, you'll miss one and it will be over.

#462     Jul 28, 2016
    i960 and Sweet Bobby like this.
  3. upload_2016-7-28_17-30-49.jpeg

#463     Jul 28, 2016
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

#464     Jul 28, 2016
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, serious traders usually don't follow a strategy that just blew up a fund. Granted, people could (and hopefully are) trading with much less leverage than Karen, but still....

#465     Jul 28, 2016
  6. We're all serious traders -- appearances can be deceptive. :wtf:o_O
    who the heck would hangout at trader forums because it's fun and sexy and exciting and entertaining.

Smart ppl can actually be dumb, and dumb people can be smart.
    and good ppl can be evil, and evil ppl can be good.

Free Your Mind...as Morpheus would say in the Matrix 1999 movie.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    #466     Jul 29, 2016
  7. F_488

F_488

Lawrence you look like a real serious trader in that photo.

#467     Jul 30, 2016
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Some of us just have lost our Serious Trader card. But it said on its back that Serious Traders don't post in non-serious traders' journals.

Also, what if it is the implementation and not the strategy itself?

#468     Jul 30, 2016
  9. i960

i960

If this is a 150k account that's basically up 3k after 4-5 months of trading it then this strategy doesn't even make time/money/risk sense at all.

You could literally sit and wait for some mindless S&P rally/trend day, hop on an ES 10 lot and be done with way less time, risk, and controllable exposure.

#469     Jul 30, 2016
    MKTrader, SteveH and WildBill like this.
  10. I would imagine that quite a few fund managers would love to be up on the year.

#470     Jul 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.