Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Smith

J_Smith

How are the trades highlighted or signaled - by the yahoo group or thru your own analysis, or both?

J_S

#381     Jun 30, 2016
  2. I utilize the Greeks to drive my account. As I looked at my account today, I needed to add short deltas. Thus I sold the short call. I also sold a strangle today.

I don't try to fix my Greeks in one big swoop. I nibble at it each day until I get things in line. I need to add additional short deltas and I hope to do that on up days in the market. Hopefully things will be up again tomorrow and I can sell some more calls.

#382     Jun 30, 2016
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

Don't get me wrong, as I am no option expert, but I would like to know how the particular trade is highlighted - adjusting deltas by selling an unprotected ES call for max profit of $117, after market falls hard, well, sounds a bit silly to me!

I know you have other trades open, but that is a bad "call" in my books!

J_S

#383     Jun 30, 2016
  4. Keep in mind that I know nothing as well. This one trade might very well be a losing trade. But it was put on as just one piece of the larger puzzle.

If the trade is a bad trade, I will close it at a maximum loss of $234.

I'm not looking for each and every trade to be a superstar. If memory serves me, this particular trade was put on with a 80% probability of success. I like those odds.

#384     Jun 30, 2016
  5. LoneHand

LoneHand

Hi NPTrader,

One more question if I may, how did your system do during this Brexit time? Thx!

#385     Jul 1, 2016
  6. NPTrader

NPTrader

I am up about 2 percent over the past two weeks. But it is complicated to explain why. I already had in them mine puts and calls. And when the premium was very high I rolled all of my positions and kept all the cash. As the volatility settled down the returns came home.

#386     Jul 1, 2016
  7. LoneHand

LoneHand

Thanks a lot! No need to explain why cuz I think I know: years ago there is this guy created a system in FX he calls it Nirvana, I think yours are pretty similar :)

Happy 4th!

#387     Jul 1, 2016
  8. Five trades today. 3 GTC orders kicked in closing at 50% profit. I had two new opening trades.
    upload_2016-7-1_22-51-37.png

Here's how the Greeks look:
    upload_2016-7-1_22-53-21.png

Though I'm happy with the relationship of delta to vega, my theta is extremely low. I really need to have more trades on.

The experiment is now up $3,902 since its inception on April 5.

Here's how the month of June 2016 looked. Net Liq was down $71.22 for the month. Now to whoop out some Karen style accounting for you. The realized P/L on positions closed during June 2016 is $921.37.

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day. It's awesome to live in such a wonderful country.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#388     Jul 2, 2016
    sysdevel99 likes this.
  9. Two trades today. I had forgot to put a GTC closing order on the SPY position, so I closed it today for a 69% profit. I then opened up an /ES strangle.

upload_2016-7-5_23-20-47.png

Here's a look at my Greeks:

upload_2016-7-5_23-22-1.png

The experiment is up $3,427.16 since inception of April 5.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#389     Jul 6, 2016
    Chubbly likes this.
  10. One trade today. I sold the ES Aug 16 (WK 3) 2220/1910 strangle for $8.55.

Theta is 129, delta is -181, vega is -753, and gamma is -4.

The experiment is up about $20 for the day.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#390     Jul 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.