Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Points well taken, Maverick. I go to great lengths to manage risks. It is a nonstop pursuit. Can you elaborate more on risk adjusted returns? Do you think that this strategy is too risky? Is so, what are your suggestions to manage the risks? What type of strategies do you employ? I look forward to your thoughts.

#281     Jun 15, 2016
  2. Tastytrade doesn't provide their viewers with strategies to mitigate risk?

Does Tastytrade's refusal to release a P/L for their own trading not bother you? Does Karen Bruton's story not concern you? The two portfolios managed by Tom and Tony that publicly saw significant losses don't concern you?

I bring them up because your answers to my questions were "Tastytrade".

#282     Jun 15, 2016
  3. I have learned much about risk management from Tastytrade. I would be foolish however to limit my learning from only one course. Mostly of my risk management techniques were learned from other traders.

Why would I care about Tastytrade releasing their profit and loss. If you like, follow their trades on Bob.

Sure Karen's story concerns me. I, among others, am fully convinced that Karen failed to take into account any volatility adjustment while stressing her positions. Ouch! I still believe the overall strategy is still viable.

I don't really care about Case and Katie's accounts. They were making all sorts of trades, many of which I would not have made.

This is an experiment to see is Tastytrade methods work in a hybrid environment. Trust me. If they don't, I will be the very first to let you know.

#283     Jun 15, 2016
  4. Appreciate your earnest response. Tastytrade teaches a lot of good stuff for the uninitiated. Hope you continue to grow. Good luck, my friend.

#284     Jun 15, 2016
  5. One trade today. I sold the SPY
    29 JUL 16 221C(3)/190P(1) ratio strangle with 44 DTE for 1.56.

The account is up $695 for the day.

Theta is 220, delta is 417, vega is -846, and gamma is -78.

Happy trading!

Bobby

#285     Jun 15, 2016
  6. Thank you. That's all I'm trying to do is learn and grow. Happy trading!

#286     Jun 15, 2016
  7. CBC

CBC

NP :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#287     Jun 16, 2016
  8. stepan7

stepan7

Bobby,

Cloud you please with every new trade post
    - realized profit/loss YTD
    and
    - unrealized profit/loss YTD
    Or since beginning of your experiment ?
    It will be very helpful, IMHO.

Thank you,

Stepan

#288     Jun 16, 2016
  9. Yes I will try to incorporate that.

#289     Jun 16, 2016
  10. Are you trying to get a Karen like accounting scheme going?

The NAV is already in the spreadsheet and gets updated daily (1st post) - what do you get out of realized vs. unrealized?

#290     Jun 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.