Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBC

CBC

Ur right Pekelo they are completly unrelated.

Don't let the SEC investigation or her $100 mill in losses that was described as "Catastrophic" by the SEC affect anything to do with this thread.

We'll just focus on the warm and fuzzy returns that we landed this month :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    #251     Jun 13, 2016
  2. I think you should stop deluding yourself, really... It's all the same strategy, which has a variety of names, e.g. "picking pennies in front of a steamroller", "eating like a bird, sh1tting like an elephant", etc etc etc. How many extra puts or calls you be selling hardly matters, in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    #252     Jun 13, 2016
  3. CBC

CBC

Well so other people don't fall into the same fate of Karen.

Kind of like lemmings, one lemming falls off a cliff and the rest of the lemmings following that lemming are destined to that fate as well. Unless there is intervention.

#253     Jun 13, 2016
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am glad we agree. By the way I didn't say completely, but they are related like me owning a Humvee, not having insurance on it and committing involuntary manslaughter with it.One might lead to the other, but they don't have to, that is the point.

And you wondering about thread closing is just naive...

#254     Jun 13, 2016
  5. CBC

CBC

Suppose the SEC are Naive to if they close down Karen's trading operations.

If they shut her down then this thread should follow suit and shut down as well.

#255     Jun 13, 2016
  6. CBC, do yourself a favor and stop following this thread. Thus, it will be shut down in your own little world. Now get off my thread and go make your losing trade for the day!

#256     Jun 13, 2016
    dealmaker likes this.
  7. zion

zion

So, if you sell for $1, will you take your loss at $2 or $3?

Thanks!

#257     Jun 13, 2016
  8. Zion, I would buy the position back at $3 which would give me a total loss of $2 since I sold the options for $1.

Right after I sell a position, I enter two closing orders, one cancels the other. The first will close the position at a 50% profit. The other will close at a loss equal to two times the credit received.

Thanks for your question.

Bobby

#258     Jun 13, 2016
  9. Well that makes sense.
    How many positions do you have open at a time ?

#259     Jun 13, 2016
  10. At various places within the thread there is a link to my spreadsheet. I update it daily. Let me know if you can't find it.

#260     Jun 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.