Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

One of the beauties of life sir is you get to believe whatever is you want to believe and in the fashion in which you want to believe it. So if it serves a function in your life to believe Taleb is a failure, if that justifies the things you hold dear, if it just helps you get through the day, then by all means, your life is your life and have at it.

#201     Jun 4, 2016
  2. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

I don`t believe anything - at least when it comes to money and I won`t consider another person a failure. Certainly not.. Just wondered, why we required certified accounts from Karen and not apply this due diligence to others. If you know of any data available easily - I would be grateful. It wasn`t meant to be bashing.

#202     Jun 4, 2016
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Karen is being accused of fraud, Taleb was not. Karen's investors are going to lose everything. Taleb's are not. If charges are brought before us that Taleb or his associates defrauded someone then by all means, let the investigation begin. But Karen intentionally at least from the period 2014 committed fraud and actively tried to cover it up.

#203     Jun 4, 2016
  4. isotope

isotope

Thank you for your long response with which I completely agree. Yes indeed my question was hypothetical.
    I undestand that scalping large negative gamma is primarily a loss control exercise and an up-hill battle.

#204     Jun 4, 2016
  5. Surprise

Surprise

In this business if you dont provide a verified track record then it is just hearsay , this applies to Taleb as well no difference .

#205     Jun 4, 2016
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are confusing track record with fraud. There is a difference.

#206     Jun 4, 2016
  7. Surprise

Surprise

Yes cant say he is a Fraud ...

#207     Jun 4, 2016
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right, fraud requires evidence. That's how it works in this country. Thank God for our court system or we could convict people we don't know on online message boards.

#208     Jun 4, 2016
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Her investors will be just fine. They know what the value of their funds are as she published the nav and no one is doubting the veracity of those numbers. She just took fees that she shouldn't have.

In the end those fees will be disgorged, she will pay a fine and prob be censured. The fund will be unwound.

The unrealized losses are just accounting like goodwill on a corporate balance sheet.

#209     Jun 4, 2016
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? The investors claimed all their retirement money was in the fund and the NAV was NOT accurate as she based on the NAV on REALIZED losses and not unrealized losses. Her NAV is still showing the fund to be profitable. LOL. Of course that 100 million dollar loss will have to be reconciled, but like you said, that's just simple accounting.

#210     Jun 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.