Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Days to expiration.

#1311     Mar 17, 2018
  2. You’re an idiot. You have no idea what I mean because you can’t project your own returns. I don’t use equity curves or charts to project returns! You’ve been predicting my demise for years, yet I’m still here. No trouble for me. I can lose money, but over time I will always come back.

If you wouldn’t be such a doomsdayer, I actually might help you to show you a simple method of projection based on actual data. You have exhibited that you have no clue!

#1312     Mar 17, 2018
  3. Let me show you a much better approach that will serve you well in life.

Hey Sweet Bobby, that’s very interesting that you project your returns over the next 52 weeks. Would you mind sharing your methodology? Thanks again!

#1313     Mar 17, 2018
  4. i960

i960

You miss the point: You’re obsessed with the money factor and are counting your chickens early.

#1314     Mar 18, 2018
  5. Ngmm.. Short volatility trading. I have been in trading for nearly 18 years and have seen a lot of short volatility trader, unfortunately the story always the same, small win consistently (in their dream) until sh** hits the fan ..

#1315     Mar 18, 2018

6. I worry about this. But if one only puts a very small part of their account in VIX short products until there is a spike in the VIX, can't one essentially completely mitigate this risk? Like you would only be 100% invested if VIX went to 160. It will probably never go that high, but play it safe. With VIX below this, you ratchet down your percentage investment accordingly. So if VIX is at 80 you are 50% invested. VIX at 40 25% invested. And so on. Something like that.

#1316     Mar 18, 2018
  7. You missed the life lesson!

I in no way am obsessed with the money! I don’t count chickens. I trust my data.

#1317     Mar 18, 2018
  8. Everyone trusts their backend tested data...till it blows up in their face...like LTCM of the late 90's.
    But their is no fool-proof, Holy Grail automated formula or system in the market.

I sound like a broken record...but this trading game...is part art, part science o_O, :confused:
    And it takes a skilled trader to realize that and survive and thrive.
    Having the ability to maximize reward and upside, in the constant lingering face of market adversity or risks.
    Rules sometimes have to be broken and bended, and intuition and common sense applied to the unique, given situation.

ET 2018.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    #1318     Mar 18, 2018
  9. I am the skilled and artistic trader of which you speak!

#1319     Mar 18, 2018
  10. sss12

sss12

Like the ACD thread but calling you on this. Most investors/traders are running a few different strategies that SHOULD BE uncorrelated. This could be 10% of his investable and the rest is long SPY or proxies !?.

#1320     Mar 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.