Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proof of concept complete. Trading plan has been updated. I have a plan that takes out fear and greed. Now it’s time to commit more capital to the strategy. Total fund balance will begin with $60k. Let’s do this!

#1241     Jan 31, 2018
  2. Can you post the equity curve on this strategy?
    This is something I would like to incorporate and automate as well.

#1242     Jan 31, 2018
  3. Yes. I would love help automating the strategy.

#1243     Jan 31, 2018
  4. PM me
    I've got a series of spread builders set up on IB
    butterfly builder, NDX/SPX insurance builder, Slightly Bullish BackSpread, Bearish Backspread etc. set up. The short call on a strangle is a little challenging for me to adjust. Which is why I do straddles instead. Lot more premium and adjustable, but open to sharing ideas.

#1244     Jan 31, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

So Bobby, how is the account after 2 days like this? If this wasn't the real test, I don't know what that is...

#1245     Feb 5, 2018
  6. If this was the real test, I'm doing well! I have really progressed as a trader, and I've got proper diversification and this down move was not at all painful. I've got diversification across different asset classes now. I know there are those that believe I'm going to blow this thing up, but it's not going to happen.

I have a written trading plan. Currently, it's about 17 pages long, but it's very, very simple. I confidently manage risk and trade very mechanically. I have rules, and I don't break the rules. So far, so good. I'm glad to see volatility return!

#1246     Feb 5, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I asked specially about the Karen trades, not about your diversified portfolio. So how did the Karen strategy do?

Otherwise I am happy for you! :)

#1247     Feb 5, 2018
  8. Palindrome

Palindrome

I'm looking at Puts with about 40 Days until expiration...12% out of the money... they are up 10 fold.

#1248     Feb 5, 2018
  9. I don't trade Karen style. I trade a hybrid method combining what we know of Karen's trading, tastytrade methods, and a dash of my own style. I actually think that my strategy is far superior to Karen's. But I'm biased.

#1249     Feb 5, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, and are you saying you are up in the last 2 days?

#1250     Feb 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.