Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sss12

sss12

While theoretically this strategy can have a positive expectancy, I think your term INEFFICIENT is acurate for the retail trader. The amount of time needed to manage this is huge, and even letting a few spreads go deep ITM will kill. Not even mentioning the risk on the naked stuff.

#1151     Aug 27, 2017
    ironchef likes this.
  2. im up like 28% this yr, this stuff is easy

#1152     Aug 27, 2017
  3. Silence! Crickets! Chances are I'm the only one making money among those who are trolling my thread.

#1153     Aug 27, 2017
  4. You call my response "trolling" ....I am simply giving you a certain degree of real insight, o_O

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen -- it only displays your level of character and fortitude and wisdom and experience,

And besides, this thread is not about me -- I don't want to throw my figures, or % Returns, around here,

It's dangerous to Assume things, -- that's where epic blowups can happen,
    Never underestimate your opponent,

This thread should be null and voided, by the way. -- Karen has been exposed as a fake,
    As is your market performance with this experiment,

Good day, Sweet and Sour Bobby

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    #1154     Aug 27, 2017
  5. DTB2

DTB2

:banghead:

#1155     Aug 27, 2017
  6. ironchef

ironchef

I think many of us enjoyed your posts and were just trying to give you suggestions.

I consider DTB2's and sss12's comments as constructive because they gave you specifics of why perhaps you should review/adjust your method to get better results. In fact I am going to use the same to examine my own trades and see if I can improve on them.

In the current raging bull market, unless you are consistently bearish, your results could perhaps be better. If you are consistently bearish, maybe it is not a strategy suitable for the current atmosphere.

Best wishes.

#1156     Aug 27, 2017
  7. I think the OP was looking for adulation and a pat on the back for sub 2% returns :D

#1157     Aug 27, 2017
  8. You sir are a horse's ass. You won't reveal your returns, because you have no returns. You simply criticize others. Take your paper money account and leave me the hell alone. I learn nothing from your input. This is an experiment, fool! At least I report my real and actual returns. If you do have returns, they are surely negative.

#1158     Aug 27, 2017
    Gotcha likes this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

During one of the strongest vol selloffs we have had in the last 10 years.

#1159     Aug 27, 2017
    DTB2 likes this.
  10. atrp2biz

atrp2biz

The paradox is that short vol strategies need high volatility.

#1160     Aug 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.