Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironchef

ironchef

Anyone who is willing to expose his/her own trading approach and real time trading results in an open forum deserves my respect and support.

I do have one question: What benchmark/goal do you use to compare your success/failure? tastytrade hosts'? Karen? DIA, SPY...or do you just consider being net positive a success?

Good luck.

#1141     Jul 18, 2017
  2. DTB2

DTB2

I wonder how the short vol/short delta strategies are holding up.

#1142     Aug 26, 2017
  3. pretty good

#1143     Aug 26, 2017
  4. I'm up 1.85% on the year! It has been a tough year.

#1144     Aug 26, 2017
  5. 1.85% is bad, o_O

We retail guys have to aim, and achieve, way higher then that...for all of this to be worth our time,

Maybe you should just invest in the SPY S&P 500 -- and do Something else with your time,

It's Risky Business trading style, and likewise high rewards, -- or Nothing at all,

Simple Directional option plays...none of those weird, complex strategies...that essentially gets nowhere, because both sides are constantly canceling each other out,

Hone and refine your trading skill and intuition...know your battlefield,

Sweet and Sour Bobby,...is looking more like just sour bobby,
    Call the chef and learn to cook like Heisenberg -- and start Breaking Good,

I have nothing specific, or concrete, to tell you regarding your specific trading style or strategy or mentality or viewpoints,

But don't give up...and you'll See Sunshine After The Rain,

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    #1145     Aug 26, 2017
  6. And your returns thus far this year are what??????

#1146     Aug 26, 2017
    .sigma and Gotcha like this.
  7. Surprise

Surprise

Totally irrelevant how much you are up this year - assuming it is correct - , what was the max DD in the account MTM - including open unrealised losses - ?

#1147     Aug 27, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have to agree with Lawrence, this year making 1.85% in 8 months is bad. The market has been going up steadily without big drops, you should have made 0.8-1% per month.

I know Karen would have... :)

#1148     Aug 27, 2017
  9. DTB2

DTB2

1.85%......times ten.

#1149     Aug 27, 2017
  10. DTB2

DTB2

This is why the low returns/expectancy

100 trades, 80 are winners, some for 50% of credit others for less at the halfway to expiration date.

So, $1.00 credit (doesn't matter what $$) 70 winners @ $.50 and 10 winners for say $.25.
    20 are losers, let's say 15 for $2.00 and 5 for $.25.

Leaves a net of $625 for 100 trades, before commissions and you are paying both in and out. 200 commissions X ???

I also thought I read that you sell naked. If that's the case, we haven't figured in your one or two runaway losers that will occur in 100 trades.

This style is so inefficient but I hope you will see that before you blow up.

#1150     Aug 27, 2017
    sss12 and ironchef like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.