Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Test, 1, 2, 3. Is this thing on? Sweet Bobby lives!

#1021     Feb 10, 2017
  2. This thread, and Karen, are as dead as Hillary's Presidential run :confused:o_O

#1022     Feb 11, 2017
    CBC, SteveH and Sweet Bobby like this.
  3. I actually wanted to believe in Karen prowesses.

#1023     Feb 11, 2017
  4. SteveH

SteveH

Karen: a model of complacency for all to learn from.

#1024     Feb 11, 2017
  5. I thank Karen for getting me engaged in this process. We studied Karen thoroughly and learned a lot. Most from our study group evolved into our own strategies that arguably improved upon her methods. I am pleased to announce that the experiment has gone live with real money and real risk. Best wishes to all of you as I embark on this journey. Roll Tide!

#1025     Feb 11, 2017
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey Bobby, I was just thinking about you today. Are you going to post results here, maybe weekly or at least monthly? Or do we have to sign up for the Yahoo group?

#1026     Feb 11, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Jesus, we need to compare notes. I realize by your spreadsheet you are doing option stuff. I had a similar result using just 1 contract positions in straight-future calendar spreads with half the starting capital you used, but in three months, not six-seven. If those two could be combined somehow...How how how...Proportions, potential failures. Fuck I wish I understood options better, God damn it.

#1027     Feb 11, 2017
  8. I might post results monthly. I got a late start this year because I just got invited to the tastyworks platform. I closed all of my accounts with TD at the end of last year. The yahoo group is all but dead.

#1028     Feb 11, 2017
  9. Calendars are a part of my strategy. I use them sporadically. I buy calendars in SPX and RUT, take profits at 10% or close them at a 20% loss. I have an SPX calendar on now.

#1029     Feb 11, 2017
  10. prc117f

prc117f

Hows Karen doing? :)

#1030     Feb 13, 2017
    CBC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.