Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algofy

algofy

I want to see newwurldmn and sweet bobby throw down behind the piggly wiggly.

#1001     Dec 1, 2016
  2. Gambit

Gambit

That would be a sad day for ET.

#1002     Dec 1, 2016
  3. algofy

algofy

nah, it's be a great day....it would be WWE style...SB would throw his creepy doll thing in his profile picture and knock NW the F out.

#1003     Dec 1, 2016
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, so would Bobby explain the master plan from here now? How does he proceed in 2017?

#1004     Dec 1, 2016
  5. All of this for a paper trading simulation

#1005     Dec 1, 2016
    DTB2 and kinggyppo like this.
  6. CBC

CBC

That wasn't very nice Algofy, you made Sweet Bobby take his profile pic down.

#1006     Dec 1, 2016
    algofy likes this.
  7. algofy

algofy

Maybe he's just doing a different pose with it.

#1007     Dec 2, 2016
    CBC likes this.
  8. d08

d08

If we all could just expect perfect fills and unlimited liquidity, trading would be orders of magnitude easier. I know next to nothing about options but when liquid futures and ETFs have serious slippage then what could be said about relatively ill-liquid options.

#1008     Dec 2, 2016
    Stymie likes this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you do any modeling - in my opinion you should assume screen fills (hit the bid, lift the offer).

#1009     Dec 2, 2016
  10. Stymie

Stymie

The reality is the execution of options is terrible. The brokers provide a delayed quote feed and market makers don't provide fair quotes even when the underlying has tight spreads. They back off when they want to and not just when the underlying spreads widen and there is no obligation to quote markets. At least in Asia, they are required to quote markets or they can be fined. If you want to do real modeling, my suggestion is trade small and experience the real execution that you can expect. I have done modeling with real market data in simulation mode but that still failed to pick up the algos that reacted to my algos. There is no good way to simulate the real market as the computers are constantly reacting to order flows.

If you start to analyze your trades and market impact, you will scratch your head as to how bad the execution gets especially in volatile markets - they trade through your price and you don't get filled cause it happened on a different exchange by a high velocity trader with fiber between his algo and all ten exchanges - they will just pick you off and front run your orders.

#1010     Dec 19, 2016
    Pekelo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.