Karen the Supertrader - TastyTrade Hybrid Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sweet Bobby, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algofy

algofy

Prob just a misunderstanding of what are reasonable vs unreasonable sim fills. SB, newworld does know his stuff and he's prob right about the impossibility of some fills and I can tell you for sure that unrealistic fills during testing can lead to massive expectation issues when going live.

#991     Nov 28, 2016
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I take that back. You have been straightforward even if the underlying data has been wrong.

#992     Nov 28, 2016
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Of course it's incumbent on you to verify your own data. If you don't then you are either a liar or incompetent. If you aren't a liar....

You might be actually have to spend time behind piggly wigglys waiting for expired hotdogs.

#993     Nov 28, 2016
  4. "You might be actually have to spend ...?" Where did you learn to write? Go to Hell, asshole!

#994     Nov 28, 2016
  5. CBC

CBC

Bobby I recon this thread is done.

#995     Nov 28, 2016
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Must have been that one week I spent in Alabama.

I think it's funny that 2 hours ago, you and algofy were all smug, proud of your comment threatening me with physical violence. And then after 5 minutes of my studying 1 chart, you admit your whole strategy was a sham and algofy admits I know what I am talking about. And you are still so upset by it you couldn't even bother to apologize for your inappropriate comment even though I took back my comment about calling you a liar. That says a lot about your character. I have a feeling I won't be the one going to hell when I die.

#996     Nov 28, 2016
    Gambit likes this.
  7. Gotcha

Gotcha

@Sweet Bobby

Bobby... I don't have all that much experience with options, but from what I do know, fills can really be a bitch. You've been forward trading this for quite a while with what looks to be good success (until of course the steamroller comes), but I do think it would be quite important to at this point test this a bit in the real world. If you have the funds, there should be nothing wrong with taking a few trades with money on the line. You will not only test the fills, but also how you are reacting to your positions. You mentioned earlier that you just want to work 5 minutes a day, enter some trades, and then walk away. If these were real positions, would you really be able to not fuss over it and keep checking, which is something you don't seem to do with SIM money? These are the types of things you have to find out. There is no point in continuing to forward test this strategy if you don't know both how closely you will be able to follow it when money is on the line, and also how the real world fills actually turn out. If you actually see that there issues, its better to make the changes and then forward test that, rather than waste another 6 months forward testing a strategy that might not actually be robust enough in the real world.

#997     Nov 28, 2016
    Gambit and Pekelo like this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Completely agree with this. I think the sim portion of the trade should be over unless drastic changes to be made. But if not, there is really no point sim testing any longer. The market had violent moves in the last 6 months, the strategy seemed to work, now is time for the big boys club! :)

And you don't have to use all the capital for the live trades, just use a smaller portion of it, but nothing beats live testing...

(I must have missed the disclaimer, but I actually thought this has been already real money.)

#998     Nov 30, 2016
  9. Gambit

Gambit

@Sweetbobby

Hey bud, congrats on having the balls to post a journal. That's more than most ET members ever do. Maybe you ought to just put some people on ignore and keep doing your thing. There's no necessity to interact with everybody your perceive as a detractor.

#999     Nov 30, 2016
  10. Gambit

Gambit

I know there has been a lot of friction between some people on this thread and this is unfortunate.
    Maybe this is all just a miscommunication between more experienced people who have a more nuanced perspective and newer guys who may not have seen it all.
    In any case, I have to say that ET is really fortunate that guys like newwurldmn, Globalarbtrader, sle, Bob Morse and others share their experience. The best thing I can say about these guys is that they will either help you make money or keep you from losing money!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    #1000     Dec 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.