Karen the Supertrader speaking at tastytrade ‘s Geeks on Parade

Discussion in 'Options' started by Sweet Bobby, Jan 7, 2019.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

While it has been years since I have watched anything from tastytrade, "the mathematical concepts of what he is discussing is sound" is not a statement that will stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Most of the time, "TP" will say something important, sound, worthy-of-attention, only to be over-ridden by an error-filled restatement by Sosnoff (eager to get on to his own agenda/conclusions). TP will squirm in his chair, but *rarely* will correct him. Same with "The Skinny with Jacob"[??], who himself will abuse terms, but still does a game attempt to be an economics person as an aspiring math geek. Al Sherbin outright quit. Sheeeesh.

In any event, the abused freshman-level statistics on tastytrade lends credence only to their conclusions, and chuck Truth or Method or Reality out the window. But it's at the detriment of their audience, and that's a shame. (If not, a sham.) :(

#171     Dec 4, 2019
    Flynrider likes this.
  2. traderjo

traderjo

Many times i tuned in to the discussion thinking this will have a logical conclusion but they jut waffle on and never conclude... and when they say I have put this trade on.. is that for real money or just sim trading? and again if they are so good where is the proof :caution:

#172     Dec 5, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Buried in here somewhere.
    summer-berry-pudding-1220x770.jpg
    Pudding

#173     Dec 5, 2019
    JesseJamesFinn1 and tommcginnis like this.
  4. drcruz

drcruz

Makes me sad. Doctor warns my sugar levels are elevated

#174     Dec 5, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

So you want closure? Many times in life there are no closures. But if you want an analogy what is not the usual steam roller one, let's do free solo climbing, because it has been in the news..

It is dangerous. You can have a pay off when you reach the summit, but eventually it comes with a price. Free solo climbers have a low life expectancy. One just died in Mexico because his put position got blown out of the water, so to speak. Another woman fell a week ago and only the rope saved her life, (so she had insurance with her position).

So with Karen there is no closure, just inherent danger.

#175     Dec 5, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. Yes, but there is alway a lesson learnt ....

#176     Dec 5, 2019
  7. jamesbp

jamesbp

#1 ... Sosnoff provides details of every trade he makes ... but refuses to provide P/L ... Big Red Flag
    #2 ... every trader he has personally mentored under the "Where do we start" series has either blown up completely or lost money using the 'Tasty Trade' method he tries to teach ... even bigger Red Flag
    #3 ... raVar is a Sosnoff fanboy ... run for the hills !

#177     Dec 5, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Granting your caution, still
    #1 -- don't care: it's past performance, with a notoriously imperfect portent to what's-to-come.
    #3 -- that's more a statement about ra-var, not Sosnoff.

#2 -- YIPES!! :(:mad::banghead::vomit:-:finger::finger::finger: an "even bigger Red Flag" Agreed. This fail could be any of a poor choice in methods, a poor choice in students, or just plain ol' bad luck. But when it's a series of such outcomes, with lots of individual events in which to affect the outcome, and the failures persist/multiply....... That is just NOT good. :rolleyes:o_O:cool:

#178     Dec 6, 2019
  9. jamesbp

jamesbp

Except Sosnoff frequently claims that his approach to trading is profitable
    ... without ever providing any evidence

Yet, at the same time, calling out the rest of the financial industry as idiots, charlatans and snake oil salesmen ... who may well be ... but at least they provide evidence of their performance

#179     Dec 6, 2019
  10. I'd be a big fan of tastytrade, but there were only the basics and a couple other things they said that made sense to me, but I use tastyworks and am individually-minded, so I am sort of a tastytrader...

#180     Dec 6, 2019
    drcruz likes this.