Karen Hughes, Former Bush Adviser: If Another Republican Man Talks Rape, I'll 'Cut Ou

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 13, 2012.

1. even thinking republican women dispise what the religious republican men stand for:

Karen Hughes, Former Bush Adviser: If Another Republican Man Talks Rape, I'll 'Cut Out His Tongue'

For any Republican man considering following in the footsteps of Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) or failed Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock by making insensitive comments about rape, be forewarned: former George W. Bush adviser Karen Hughes will be very displeased.

In an op-ed in Politico last week offering advice to the GOP in the wake of their defeats on Tuesday -- which included Mourdock and Akin, who lost a bid for Missouri Senate -- Hughes lashed out particularly harshly against Republicans responsible for controversial remarks about rape and abortion.

"And if another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue," she wrote. "The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of 'legitimate rape.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/karen-hughes-rape_n_2117174.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

2. Mercor

Mercor

It seems that the Democrats are the one talking about it.

3. Mercor

Mercor

From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women's rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.

For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. "The Nature of Women's Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents," Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?
    Sixty-two percent said they'd had at least one such fantasy.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-rape-fantasies-how-common-what-do-they-mean

4. so you are saying that women secretly want to be raped? does that include your wife and daughters?

5. Ricter

Ricter

"It seems that the Democrats are the one talking about it."

Make up your mind.

6. democrats invent remark about "legitimate rape", claim republicans did, and convince dimwits it's the truth.

And as to murdock from indiana saying "rape was God's will", murdock never said it. another lie that freethinker traffics in.

I said before and i'll say it again for the record, freethinker was caught on this forum telling a baldfaced lie about benny hinn.
    Yes, he is a liar. It's his nature.

7. Ricter

Ricter

I realize Romney has moved the country into the post-truth era, ala "this campaign will not be dictated to by fact checkers", but, just for fun, are you saying the rep candidates never uttered those actual words which you're quoted?