Kansas May Remove Obama From Ballot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 14, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Three of the state's top elected Republicans on Thursday determined they lacked sufficient evidence of President Barack Obama's birth records to decide whether to remove the Democratic nominee from the November ballot in Kansas.

The State Objections Board comprised of Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Attorney General Derek Schmidt and Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer postponed until Monday action on a complaint filed by a Manhattan resident pending review of a copy of Obama's birth certificate from Hawaii.

"I don't think it's a frivolous objection," Kobach said. "I do think the factual record could be supplemented."

Requests were to be sent to officials in Hawaii, Arizona and Mississippi in an attempt to secure copies of the president's birth records.

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-09-13/kansas-panel-delays-ballot-decision-obama

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Even though it wouldn't be enough to keep Odumbo out of the White House.
    I would laugh my ass off if any state did drop him from the ballot, for whatever reason.

3. pspr

pspr

It would be even funnier if they misspelled his name. Like Barack Osama. :D

4. Sorry piss poor

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...sas-ballot/70000545/1?csp=34news#.UFf-FK7SPKQ

Kansas keeps President Obama on November ballot

Kansas officials agreed today to keep President Obama on the state's ballot for November, after a challenge to Obama's birth certificate was dropped.

The GOP-controlled State Objections Board ended its investigation of Obama's birth certificate, which has long been a concern for people who doubt he was born in the United States.

The meeting today to close the matter got heated, and people on both sides of the debate were asked by police to leave.

Joe Montgomery, the Kansan who originally raised concerns about the document, had filed a claim contending Obama is ineligible to serve as president because his father held dual citizenship in Kenya and Britain. Montgomery withdrew his challenge on Friday because of "intimidation directed not only at me, but at people around me," he told the Topeka Capital-Journal.

Obama released his long-form birth certificate in April 2011, which shows he was born in Hawaii. He did so to end what he called "silliness" about the authenticity of his birth certificate and the legitimacy of his presidency.

Orly Taitz, a California woman who is a leading figure in what is known as the "birther" movement, appeared at the Kansas meeting and criticized the board for ignoring challenges to Obama's birth certificate.

The Kansas case drew national headlines last week. It would have been embarrassing for Obama to be dropped from the Kansas ballot because his mother and grandparents are from the state.

5. The Republicans' two pronged strategy to capture the White House:
    scrub the voter polls of legal Democrat voters and remove the Democratic candidate from the ballot.

6. Other than me and some people here on ET ,do you have any friends , luke ?

7. Haven't there been about a half-dozen states who mentioned the possibility of not allowing him on their state ballot? If they all did that, perhaps the hoi polloi would see that as a wake up call.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Any attempt to remove Obama from a state ballot would simply backfire and make the state appear full of idiots. They need to drop this crap about the birth certificate. The man served four years in the White House and is the sitting President. It's over. Let it go. Vote him out the right way.