Kamala Harris calls for decriminalizing sex work, insists Trump is racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ignoring the idiot statement about Trump being racist, I agree 100% with decriminalizing prostitution. If sex is consensual, why should the government care if someone is paid for it? Making it illegal drives people underground where crime is committed and women are abused.

Never thought I'd agree with Kamala on anything, but if I want to be fair, I have to give her credit for this.

Kamala Harris calls for decriminalizing sex work, insists Trump is racist

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ka...riminalizing-sex-work-insists-trump-is-racist

Presidential candidate Kamala Harris made some bold statements in an interview on Tuesday, calling for the decriminalization of sex work and labeling President Trump a racist.

“When you're talking about consenting adults, I think that yes, we should really consider that we can't criminalize consensual behavior, as long as no one is being harmed," Senator Harris, D-Calif., told The Root. "But at the point that anyone is being harmed or exploited, then we have to understand that's a different matter."

When asked if she thought sex work should be decriminalized, Harris said: “I think so. I do.”

She added, however, that the issue “is not as simple as that.”

[​IMG]Video
    “There is an ecosystem around that, that includes crimes that harm people,” Harris said. “I do not believe that anybody who hurts another human being or profits off of their exploitation should be ... free of criminal prosecution."

2. elderado

elderado

Well, she ought to know about sex work.

traderob and AAAintheBeltway like this.
  3. piezoe

piezoe

If your going to receive an opinion. it's nice to receive an expert opinion. She is starting to sound pretty damn sensible.

traderob likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Trump could've saved himself all that Stormy trouble if he could just pay for it.

bullmarket79 likes this.
  5. elderado

elderado

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Harris should win Calinoisyork handily------Not certain how she'll do in the rest of the country. That state though would be solidly in her column .

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I don't recall Mr Trump having any Stormy trouble. What are you referring to?

8. Truth is truth regardless of who speaks it. She is one hundred percent right and I applaud her courage for saying so.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Seeing that being a Congressional member is pretty much the same thing as being a prostitute, Harris is just advocating for those in her same business sector.

Clubber Lang and Tsing Tao like this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with any other of her positions or will vote for her, but she's right on this one.

#10     Feb 27, 2019