K. Edwards Get Rich or Die Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Kedwards, Nov 12, 2009.

1. No trades today, was late to the show. note ESH0, 1105.50 looks like a good level

#41     Dec 11, 2009
  2. thought i would get on 1105.50 breakout scalp in rth today but was taken out with abu dhabi news last night. put on a sim short strangle SPY 111 put/112 call early in the morning, figured market wasn't going anywhere, 50 strangles made $500.

a push to 1114.25 liquidity would be cool. maybe a stop run scalp similar to 1112.25 on esz9 a week or two ago

#42     Dec 14, 2009
  3. happy new year!!! haven't been keeping up with es off the open, new semester is here. But will start again probably next week. seems like uncertainty over non farm payroll tomorrow, and without a decent downmove so far this week, I think SPY premie is cheap going into the numbers.

sim SPY long straddle at 2.16. 114 jan strike.

#43     Jan 7, 2010
  4. Kedwards do you have a job also? What I found after getting consistant with the ES is that it was going to take a much larger account to grind out a living than I first thought and even more than that to match what I currently make in my small business (job). I would trade and average less than a point a day after commissions and in the mean time miss some sales in my business where I will make thousands of dollars or have my salesman make the sales and then I make 1/2 as much as I would by myself. So I put daytrading on the back burnner and now I am stumbling through some swing trades. I think once I get comfortable with the longer term trades I'll enjoy it. Good luck on your trading .

#44     Jan 7, 2010
  5. hi bigarrow,

i goto school, no job yet. in a couple years tho, for sure :( :p This semester, besides school stuff, I'm working on networking/presentation of myself, so i can get a nice job eventually and then trade es/equities for fun :)

the title is also play on wording from 50 cents album :)

*yeah I would like to do swing trading when i have a job also. for example i think maybe by the time i have a career the next video game console cycle may be up and perhaps activision/take two interactive will be on the cheap, like they were before the debut's of PS3/xbox360. i was in school thinking "man, the video game makers would be a good bet", would have been a good swing trade for a couple months.

#45     Jan 7, 2010
  6. NFP spy 114 straddle priced at 1.95 now, -21 cent loser.

#46     Jan 8, 2010
  7. ATM SPY strangle feb 114p/115c priced at 4.59. could be a decent play for earnings season.

#47     Jan 10, 2010