Justin Mamis and his indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dbphoenix, Apr 10, 2004.

1. According to this chart... the market has made new highs w/o confirmation from the volume a/d.

I take that as bearish?

#11     Apr 11, 2004
  2. Yes you do! :D

#12     Apr 11, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't know what chart you're referring to. Are you talking about June/July '03? The market isn't making new highs on the first chart posted.

#13     Apr 11, 2004
  4. Uni

Uni

I'm a Mamis fan too. Db, I think you're being too nice pointing out this stuff to the herd. Of course, most of them will not do anything with it, which is fine with me. You've started yet another superb thread that makes this site worth a daily look. It really is pretty simple; I'm not saying that it doesn't require hard work and perseverance, I just think people make it hard on themselves by thinking they have to muck up their charts with tons of overlapping, lagging indicators. Even the pros are guilty of it but hey, whatever works for you.

Sorry for the superfluous ramble, but I'd just like to thank you again for sharing your tools. I hope you continue to do so in the future.:)

Uni

#14     Apr 12, 2004
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since my question to Trend Fader hasn't been answered, I'll provide a general answer: no, it is not necessarily bearish if new highs aren't confirmed by the AVDVd.

#15     Apr 12, 2004
  6. Db,

Mamis also mentions QCHA . Can you shed any light on this subject ( or anyone else)? Can we figure this out for ourselves without having access to a quotron machine?

erie

#16     Apr 18, 2004
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Where? Can you provide a context?

#17     Apr 18, 2004
  8. In When to Sell pg 135 and in NOR pg 172.

erie

#18     Apr 18, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You can figure it out for yourself, but probably not in real time, since there are no charting programs other than QuotesPlus that allow you to create your own indexes, and I don't know if QP has a real-time component. Even if it does, the information may not be important enough to go through all that.

Assuming I know what he's talking about, you can do much the same thing with Excel. Just average the prices of all the Dow stocks into one closing price (or high or whatever), then create a chart in Excel. I used to do this in WOWS, but that wasn't in RT, so it had little to do with my trading.

#19     Apr 18, 2004
  10. db wrote,"Even if it does, the information may not be important enough to go through all that."

Was thinking along the lines of divergence from the most active of the RUT, SML , SP500 ,etc as far as comparing % change in each in rallies and reactions. Yes it would be calculated on EOD data.
    So you think the info may not be important?

erie

#20     Apr 18, 2004