Justice department arrests Al Qaeda Wannabe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Justice department arrests Al Qaeda sympathizer
    By MACKENZIE WEINGER
    1/9/12 12:04 PM EST

Federal authorities said Monday they have arrested a 25-year-old Al Qaeda wannabe for plotting to bomb sites in Tampa, Fla.

Sami Osmakac, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in the former Yugoslavia, was arrested Saturday night, the Justice Department said. He has been charged in connection with an alleged plot to attack spots in Tampa with a vehicle bomb, assault rifle and other explosives.

Federal officials said law enforcement officers had been monitoring Osmakac for several months. The criminal complaint states that the FBI received information that Osmakac had asked for Al Qaeda flags in September 2011. During the subsequent FBI operation, Osmakac paid an undercover agent $500 as a down payment on an AK-47 , multiple homemade explosive grenades and an explosive belt.

During a Jan. 1 meeting, he told the FBI undercover employee of his plans to detonate a car bomb and then use the explosive belt to “get in somewhere where there’s a lot of people” and take hostages, according to the complaint. Osmakac then said, “once I have this … they can take me in 5 million pieces.”

When the FBI agent suggested Osmakac could change his mind about the plot, Osmakac said, “We all have to die, so why not die the Islamic way?”

FBI agents arrested Osmakac on Jan. 7 after he obtained the explosive devices and firearms, which law enforcement had made inoperable, according to the news release.

“The perseverance and diligence of law enforcement caused this investigation to conclude in a successful manner,” Robert O’Neill, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida, said in a statement. “I would like to commend them for their hard work. This investigation was also predicated, in part, by assistance from the Muslim community. I would like to thank them as well.”

Osmakac’s first court appearance is Monday at 2 p.m. in Tampa. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of life in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71238.html#ixzz1jcwlYQPt

2. pspr

pspr

It is easy for Muslims to find passages in the Koran that twist the will of God to their own agenda. It is really sad, sad for mankind as it will lead to much suffering in the decades to come unless it is intervened.