Just wore out... anyone using Trading services for trades?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jdesey, May 15, 2018.

1. Congratulations on figuring out that the retail trading business makes in 95%+ cases brokers, system vendors, and snake oil salesmen rich not the retail punter. And yes trading is not for everyone. Pls note I have no idea whether it is for you but purely percentage wise speaking it is statistically only for a very few. And no, trading cannot be learned. Someone who does not bring the basic DNA and passion, willingness, and funds to the table has zero chance. Those who do possess those traits, necessary, can learn how to trade and might be long-term profitable. This fact is often overlooked among beginners. Everyone thinks they can succeed as long as they have a willingness to learn.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    #11     May 16, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 and Handle123 like this.
  2. If you decently succeeded in ANYTHING in life that earns money then i strongly advise you to pursue that. Trading is one of the hardest endeavors in life where you compete with the smartest on the planet. Not a place to pick low hanging fruit. There are tons of other areas where earning money comes easier.

#12     May 16, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  3. Why would he sell a course if he could make money himself. Does not even pass the first smell test. Successful traders guard their secrets more dearly than the virginity of their daughters.

#13     May 16, 2018
    Jeffro72, Van_der_Voort_4 and RRY16 like this.
  4. SteveH

SteveH

Handle123, so sorry to hear you went through all of this.

Get on a mildly ketogenic diet. Your mind works better being completely off sugar (fast carbs, refined sugars). Take 2 tablespoons of organic cold-pressed coconut oil before each meal. It can permeate the blood / brain barrier and your brain cells can use the fat for energy. It's highly effective for 3 hours after taking for better cognition. Cancer cells cannot use small chain fatty acids for energy because their mitochondria are damage. They need massive supplies of sugar so cut off their food source.

You need to keep your mitochondria and ATP production super high. Take CoQ10, PQQ, vitamin D3/K2 combo pill, get lots of Omega 3, B Complex (B12, B6, Folate...see Jarrow brand on Amazon which has all 3), R-Lipoic acid, Curcumin and Acetly L-Carnitine. Look them all up.

If your not opposed to exercise, go take a free class from Orange Theory Fitness. Their 1-hour intensity full body workouts 4 times a week plus the diet and supplements mentioned will raise your cognition levels and keep them raised. Your brain won't shrink as you age.

References: watch EVERYTHING Dr John D Whitcomb has posted to YouTube (you'll lean so much in such a short amount of time b/c of how well researched his topics are), read Dr Dale Bredesen's book on Alzheimer's because he details where all your most important blood panel measurements should be to maintain high levels of neural health at and read Dr Steven Gundry's book, "The Plant Paradox". Also, Dr David Perlmutter's 2 books are excellent backgrounds on the neurological effects of sugar.

I promise you that in 6 months of doing these things you will feel mentally awesome on a regular basis. You'll find you are enjoying and retaining more of what you read and you can read highly technical content for hours without getting tired. Your brain will feel more calm, not ever dwelling on one thing over and over again. You'll be living more in the present.

It all only sounds cuckoo when you're still addicted to sugar. No one laughs anymore when the above advice is followed.

On Netflix, watch "The Magic Pill". If the effects on those two autistic kids is so dramatic in such a short period of time, the above will give you everything you're looking for to be in a great hormonal balance as you age. (Testify!)

#14     May 16, 2018
  5. Or : exercise regularly (walking jogging swimming cycling) and eat a normal healthy self-cooked diet that contains fresh vegetables, fish, and chicken and meat. Works for the the Japanese and their health condition as well as longevity is higher than in any other country in the world. No need for supplements or any other chemical substances.

By the way the evidence that supplements of any sort really have a positive long term effect is questionable at best,, and completely unproven so far. Americans munch them like there is no tomorrow and still die earlier, have more heart attacks, are more obese than people of most other cultures.

#15     May 16, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is such a beautiful over generalization like the "TA doesn't work" kind....

#16     May 16, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Really? Then why doesn't everyone use them (supplements and TA) if it works so great? Why don't people all get 90 in the States and have lesser heart attacks and ailments than people of nations where supplements are not popular at all? And yes, in life we have to generalize else we can't summarize and discuss any data whatsoever. Supplements is a multi billion dollar industry and yet the effects on peoples' overall health in general is neither documented nor well researched and hence entirely unproven. Please criticize the message not the messenger.

#17     May 16, 2018
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Depends on the supplement.

Many supplements derived specifically from vegatables, fruits, fish and meats. :D

In contrast, other supplements created (not derived) via chemical processes although I can't remember the specific name for these types of supplements not derived from the list above. They are made to "simulate".

Its like the ongoing issue currently with vanilla...derived from orchids in Mexico. A cultivated vine from the vanilla orchid.

That's natural but because of the current rising speculation of this commodity...many bakeries are now using "simulated" (not from the vanilla orchid) that tastes and smells like the real vanilla.

Many do the same with supplements...some naturally derived while others are "simulated".

Today, speaking about natural products like vegetables, fruits, fish and meats...the latter two (fish & meats)...you need to be very careful there. What you're paying for is actually grown on antibiotics or not the real thing. There's been many surveys of restaurants caught using "simulated" products or a product not exactly what you paid for but has a chemical put in it to "simulate" the color, taste and smell. :mad:

That's why I go on several camping/hiking/hunting trips each year...to catch my own fish & meats to ensure its the real thing. :sneaky:

wrbtrader

#18     May 16, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  9. tprintl

tprintl

Day trading is very tough because most trader make it tough. They scan 25 things, let all sorts of noise filter in. rely on things and ideas that dont work and then get clouded and fearful causing the stress. . I focus on a few things at one time and my algos alert me to when opp is there. I have the benefit of trust in the algos which relieves huge stress when losing and validation when it all comes back. I have a simple day. I get up and run my FX book 6am and am usually done 8am. I have an Emini / 30yr book that i will run when high probability ideas trigger and email me. other than that i exercise Emini - volatillity.png .

#19     May 16, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  10. Handle123

Handle123

Am sure you would have to sign a contract not to share for starters, and to learn spreading is a fine art that can be learned, but just cause you do a course or even get one on one mentoring, it won't make you into a successful trader alone, but @bone material is right on from a few I spoke to who have taken it, plus I think he has unique software that he shares or leases. I had to make my own and I do spreading as well for my own accounts.

I think many get to a point in their trading where it becomes ultimate boredom, you just have gotten too use to being good at trading and get urges to sell to the public to have a little spice to the boredom. I did the same in late 90s till few years ago, as trading is lonesome and boring at some stage, need interaction, why not? Direction am taking now is starting a Hedge fund end of the year, see if I am good enough for that.

Most of my problems happened when I became chronic with Sarcoidosis and Pulmonary gave me high dosages of steroids, I gained 262lbs in two years, appetite never goes away. Then I got Fibromyalgeria to boot from the weight then brain cancer, so I was lean and in shape ten years ago. While in London in 2010, had appointment with Fibro physician said he tell me the cure me 30 seconds for the Fibro, my body saw hormonal foods as poison, so got off meats, dairy, fats and a no added salt diet and I am still on veggies, fruits and nuts, organic cream I take for coffee which I drink 2-3 pots to stay awake due to Sarcoidosis which there is no cure. I have lost 216lbs and slowly get down to old weight of 204, 46 to go.

I do take a large amount of supplements and vitamins to include 5,700mg gingerroot, 2,000mg Turmeric Curcumin extract, B-complex 2500%, CoQ10 200mg, Vit C 5000%, 400mg Magnesium, 1600mg Calcium, 2-b acidophilus, also take a host of drugs to include Andro-gel as body stopped long ago in producing hormones(Have Klinefelters extra chromosome), Warfarin-blood thinner, so this drug have to watch out for more than I am taking as many supplements thin out blood as well. As far as exercise, I walk 7 miles a day plus go to the gym twice a day at 3am and at 2pm for cardio and weight training.

I have never been right mentally in my life, never will expect this to change, bi-polar, ADHD, depression and now another label of Aspergers, extreme iq but often feel dumber than a post. All comes from fathers side, never take any medications for any of it as none works and you have to believe to a degree it works and I don't. You learn where you belong in life, learn your weaknesses, be honest with yourself, all you can do. And work to keep the good friends one has as you age, you lose friends through death. I have overcome much, gallbladder, hernia, countless biopsies, Brain cancer-one surgery and 2 other procedures, now use sleep apnea machine, 4 kidney surgeries, prostrate cancer, hip cancer, double blood clots, died twice, 2 cataracts, and glaucoma coming, high blood pressure, hay fever, am sure am missing something. Require one cataract to be repaired am sure. Most of my friends happen to be physicians, nice trade off of all have stock portfolios and I need mountain of care. Most into supplements but I will check out the coconut oil(why organic-it is like a rock to get into) and I do know a great deal of cancer as I am more prone to have it all my life, am God's joke I believe.

I do agree with you on few points, but when I have gone off all that I take, I end up in ICU and spend week there, yea get tired of taking all the crap. Most people don't know when you take a supplement or vitamin, only 15% goes into the body and rest is flushed out. So I crush mine, tastes bloody horrible and I don't do anything with milk cept cream for coffee and tea.

I have too much genetic problems that will never change, thank goodness am not like a bubble boy. I am actually now allergic to fish, anything from the ocean, do eat fresh water fish but most of that now is from fish farms, but someone has developed fresh water lobster.

Thank you all for your posts, very appreciated.

#20     May 16, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.