Just wondering which restaurant chains will be gone by January 2021?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I read something from the New York Times (I believe it was an mid March story) that 75% of independent restaurants will not make it through this pandemic. Today (Monday) the market is up. Yeah, I have read stories on which chains will make it an which won't. Just wondering if you have a feel for which ones will go away?? Just as we saw/see J C Penny, Sears, Radio Shack, others, go by the wayside in retail, which restaurant chain will be gone in the next year or two? Vacant commercial/retail space will be a true bear in the coming years!! Nothing we have seen in our lifetime...

Barbers, hair salons, massages, etc...

2. Overnight

Overnight

Fuddruckers.

Cabin111 and cdcaveman like this.
  3. hafez50

hafez50

Ruby Tuesday,Friday's,Golden Corral(100%) and a ton of others

KCalhoun and Cabin111 like this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

75%%%%

I highly doubt that especially with the hundreds of billions of free money being pushed to small businesses.

Everyone should know by now that the fed nails put every industry with their trillions and trillions of free buckarooooooooos

5. Cabin111

Cabin111

It's funny...A couple of those chains have NASCAR sponsorship. I wonder how NASCAR is holding up??

6. Cabin111

Cabin111

7. speedo

speedo

Cheesecake Factory can't pay rent on 300 stores.

KCalhoun likes this.
  8. hafez50

hafez50

I think there's a big misunderstanding of what's going on. Sure the gov't will hold many of these up the next 3-6 months. But going toward this is a demand problem . People will get used to eating in the next few months and won't eat out as much. Even a small 10% change in eating out will cause many restaurants to go under

KCalhoun and Lou Friedman like this.
  9. Cabin111

Cabin111

10. S2007S

S2007S

Yepppppp, but they can charge you $8 for a sliver of a fucking piece of cake....

Pathetic

#10     Apr 6, 2020