Just Wondering ET, Why the Anonymity?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ess1096, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Great Simpsons episode btw, when Homer becomes "Max Power" :D

#31     Oct 9, 2007
  2. I live on Bad Street, last house, dead end road too.

#32     Oct 9, 2007
  3. And on a related note, you've seen the guy that runs "Life Lock?" He puts his real (he says) SS# on billboards and ads and dares anybody to steal his ident.

Seems scary to me. If they also had his DL#, Mother's maiden and place and DOB couldn't they still get him? Wonder if that service is worth it. The horror stories of people losing bux and having to fight bad credit ratings, file police reports, send letters, etc, almost makes me want to look into it.

Good trading to all. :)

#33     Oct 9, 2007
  4. "The horror stories of people losing bux and having to fight bad credit ratings, file police reports, send letters, etc, almost makes me want to look into it."

You want to know a horror story. Parents use their kids SS to scam utilities, cable, etc. Kid came home from the service tried to buy an auto, he had bad credit. Parent scammed the son. Recourse? File a police report on your mother. Co's are complicit.

#34     Oct 9, 2007
  5. the one's that post their real names have something to gain.ie,marketing a book,website,or firm.

#35     Oct 9, 2007
  6. people get too worried about identity theft. as long as you protect your bank account you are fine. that means your check card. everything else is the credit card company's problem and you are NOT liable no matter what they say. they may drag the investigation on for a while just in case it was an inside job,meaning the victim was in on it. but at the end of the day you are not liable for anything. you just put a fraud alert on all 3 credit agencies. if you are in the midst of getting a mortgae you bring a note and copy of a police report and that will negate anything negative from what the thieves did. as far as i'm concerned,if comeone steals my credit cards:more power to em ! the credit card companies are bigger thieves in my book. a single mother can't pay her utility bill because she lost her job so she max's out her credit card in order to pay for necessities and then has a hard time making her payments/ what do the scumbag credit card companies do? they increase her interest rate for being late and slap a late charge. if the poor woman could not afford to pay a minimum payment how will she afford to make a higher payment when they jack up her interest rate and give her a late charge. and of course call her 30 times a day. screw them! NEVER give a credit card company your home number,giv ethem a line that you have in an office and can leave un hooked. a friend of ours went through this,a very nice lady.

#36     Oct 9, 2007
  7. I use lifelock, worth the money. And enforcer CC co are scum bags. They have every trick out there. Some change the due date based on a 28 or 30 day month just to get you to be late and jack-up your rate. They will take your high rate of 15% and bring it to 30%:eek: Credit cards are to work for us the people not for them. The reason i got lifelock was the state had two names on my SS# the fed was fine. After they looked into it a person was using it for benefits. How that person got it i have no idea but the thought made me angry. No damage done just wanted benefits or it was a type-o. Credit cards rip them up

#37     Oct 9, 2007

8. Way too may crazies running around thinking life owes them something.

Would you put your kids photo, name, age, sex, school, etc online?

Yeah I thought so. Why not?

#38     Oct 9, 2007
  9. He wouldn't but his kids already did on Myspace (or Facebook)--AND they have pictures to boot!

#39     Oct 10, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

#40     Oct 10, 2007