Just Who's Blackmailing Petraeus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. He's lying.

A democrat administration suppressing a scandal before a big election - to be expected?

The GOP getting wind of it before a big election - and suppressing it. Expected? :confused:

#11     Nov 13, 2012
  2. In fairness, it is possible the republicans didn't appreciate the full scope of it. They were apparently only told this email investigation had turned up some national security issues. Cantor went to the Director of the FBI with that message, which really could have either been a friendly heads-up or a warning that they were on to a potential coverup.

#12     Nov 13, 2012
  3. so the guy wanted a little pussy on the side after 37 years of marriage... and with a woman 20 years younger.

Booya

ooh rah

hooo ah

#13     Nov 13, 2012
  4. National Security issues - from a FBI guy who is obviously going around the chain of command to notify Congress/Cantor.

And right before a hotly contested election.

That doesn't pass the smell test.

That guy was bypassing his superors because he feared it would be swept under the rug.

I would have to presume the e-mail had more details than "Whoa - somthin's up! And how do you like my pecs?"

#14     Nov 13, 2012
  5. That's what I said. He went to congress because he feared a coverup. I don't know that he ever actually saw the emails between Petraeus and Broadwell or that he knew Petraeus was involved.

But would Cantor have contacted the head of the FBI just based on some agent's vague claims? Did Cantor know that Petraeus was involved?

Like I said, lot of questions.

#15     Nov 13, 2012
  6. This guy was effectively a whistleblower. He had to have known that he was going to get his ass handed to him for going around his chain of command.

So he did it - why? For kicks? Because he had only a "vague" idea that something was being swept under the rug? Sure - that's a good reason to buck command and get fired.

Didn't the fact that the guy is hanging his career out to dry count for anything?

And remember - this is a week or 2 before the election!

So the only thing that was left was to tie a note to a boulder and drop it on somebody?

There must be great future success in store with that as a requirement...

#16     Nov 13, 2012
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This is the story that keeps on giving....

Fla. socialite at center of general's sex scandal
    http://www.wral.com/fla-socialite-at-center-of-general-s-sex-scandal/11770148/

So let's see the woman in Florida, Jill Kelley, who went to her FBI agent friend (who kept sending her shirtless photos) about the threatening emails has now been exposed as likely being involved with another general (John Allen) who is about to lose his confirmation hearing for promotion on Thursday. The WSJ reported the threats were all about staying away from her (Broadwell's) man (Petraeus) and made references like 'I saw you rubbing his leg under the table", etc. The reality was that Kelley was getting it on with Allen, not Petaeus.

How much more soap opera will this story reveal...

#17     Nov 13, 2012
  8. As much as the media needs to conveniently forget about benghazi and obama's treachery.

#18     Nov 13, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

Here's why it matters.

Petraeus knew the O Admin. had discovered his little affair (which had ended, btw) and thought he could stay on as CIA Director and Obama would keep it under wraps.

So, to play ball, Petraeus fed Congress at a closed door meeting the story the Obama Admin. wanted them to hear about Benghazi. He thought by being a good little soldier he would be able to keep his CIA job and the affair would be covered up.

After the election, Obama no longer needed Petraeus' cooperation and threw him under the bus. Or, Petraeus decided he couldn't keep up the deceit and just wanted out.

For the second time Hillary has fled the country to avoid testifying before Congress, and Obama doesn't want Petraeus to show up either.

I think when they finally do get to question Hillary and Petraeus the truth will start to come out about Benghazi.

The rest is just fluff to keep the conversation off Benghazi.

#19     Nov 13, 2012
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Benghazi? What's that?

This is the press we will be seeing from this sordid episode...
    A Guide to Understanding the Increasingly Convoluted Petraeus Sex Scandal
    http://jezebel.com/5960098/a-guide-...dium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

Why do you ask? Because this is what the 86% of America watching reality TV likes to read.

#20     Nov 13, 2012