Just who are the bad guys in the polygamy case?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Yannis

Yannis

The investigation is in full swing, stay tuned.

#51     Apr 17, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

You condone this terrible crime? Shouldn't the state protect the weak and the innocent? Or is it all politics to you?

#52     Apr 17, 2008

3. well... they already ruled out the main suspect. ummmm.. thats a pretty important "detail."

what comes out now will be at best, suspect... CPS is a known criminal org. very scary situation.... lose lose for the kids.

#53     Apr 17, 2008
  4. Please explain....it sounds like you have some info on these types of groups...I hope you don;t mind and respect your right to privacy if you are so inclined...

#54     Apr 17, 2008

5. You are correct and if they find one single bastard engaged in this they should find a tall oak tree to sting him on...however it sounds like they probably could have done routine dectective work instead fo bringing out the tanks???

#55     Apr 17, 2008
  6. Perhaps you're right.

If you are, then having a "harem" of "TPFB's" is not the intent. Its simply a symptom.

#56     Apr 17, 2008
  7. Which "terrible crime"?

I'm saying, if you want to clean things up, why not start at the hospitals? Or at least include them. Sheesh, you'll be able to collect thousands of children that way. Not hundreds, but thousands upon thousands.

You are ether for it, or against it. which one?

#57     Apr 17, 2008
  8. "Department of Public Safety Sgt. Danny Crawford testified to DPS's discovery of a church bishop's records taken from a safe at the ranch that listed about 38 families, some of them polygamous and some that included wives 16 or 17 years old. But under repeated cross-examination, Crawford acknowledged the records contained no evidence of sexual abuse."

from:http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080417/D903RV800.html

#58     Apr 17, 2008
  9. I don't understand how they could legally be bigamous marriages. I'm guessing they didn't get marriage licenses,etc, so they were not in legally recognizable marriages. Suddenly it is illegal to have a mistress or three?

The state created this humongous mess, and now they are trying to have one judge decide all the cases simultaneously. It is an outrage and clearly a violation of these people's rights to due process.

And where are the victims? All I have seen is women who are distraught over what these thugs from the state have done to their children.

#59     Apr 17, 2008
  10. That is true and is almost certainly true in all of these cult-type compounds. That fact doesn't seem to be enough for some in this thread to be able to justify busting the operation up.

If you're asking where the victims are, some of them have escaped and are telling anyone who will listen that underage girls are being forced to marry and have sex against their will.

(cough) Guantanamo Bay (cough)

AAA, something very ironic just occurred to me. You're constantly saying that it is only white Christian males who can be defamed in PC thinking, and that any volley fired at another special interest group is condemned by the PC police as racism or whatever (and there's quite a bit of truth in that)

Here, though, we're condemning a group that is as deserving of condemnation as the radical Muslims, but you don't seem to like it. Why is that? In this case, you seem to be using the same arguments in defense of the lawbreakers (and lawbreakers they surely are) as those who would defend radical Muslims. The PC argument goes like this - 'You have no proof against this or that bearded, Qu'ran-reading, desert-camp-attending, Western-lifestyle-condemning Islamic jihadi. Your (detention of him, surveillance of him, suspicion of him) is illegal'.

Substitute 'polygamist, our-leader-is-God-incarnate-believing, 14-year-old-child-marrying, closed-compound-with-huge-church-living, weird-Christian-sect devotee', and you have the same argument!! How much evidence do you need before you say 'That's enough'?

You know goddamn well that 14 year old girls have been married off, forced into sex, impregnated and forced to bear children on this property. Don't give me the 'you have no evidence' argument.

#60     Apr 17, 2008