Just who are the bad guys in the polygamy case?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Yours truly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Those guys running the compound are about as disgusting as a man can get, marrying little teenage girls and getting rid of the boys....... otoh those child protective SS people are about as disgusting as an agency can get so there 'ya go, real news fodder....

#21     Apr 15, 2008
  2. I hear ya but i think something smells here...and I really believe if this was a Catholic or Jewish 'compound'....with the same allegations...they would go very slow and deliberate

#22     Apr 15, 2008
  3. Here is my problem with this whole raid.

400 children were taken out. There some villages in my state with populations smaller than that.

Now, suppose someone makes an allegation of a situation with a child. Then, the government rolls in with tanks and humvees and takes ALL of the children out of this village. Allegedly, because the mayor was impregnating the high school girls there.

How would the American people react?

The media has used the words “compound” and “religious” to imply the word, “deviant”.

We all know those Mormons are some sick muthas.

How long till Pentecostals are sick muthas too?

#23     Apr 15, 2008
  4. It's just a propaganda diversion to distract us from the barbaric destruction being wrought in Iraq, err I mean liberation.

There is no real news any more, you know that right?

It also re-enforces the notion of: don't you dare take on the government or you'll end up like Waco.

#24     Apr 15, 2008
  5. just how far can the law go regarding lifestyles? let's say there are no under age violations, but the men have multiple partners and children by these same partners.

it's not like the state is going to allow them to get married "legally".. so they claim to be spiritually connected. what laws have they violated and is it any business of the state?

i do feel that this is going on in the YFZ community(multiple partners that is)... but what right does the state have to interfere as long as the ages are within the legal limits?

#25     Apr 15, 2008
  6. There is not a "better" way to do this. When it comes to children and possible abuse, basically "they" have to shoot first and ask questions later. Everyone is separated and questioned. Their could be varying degrees of abuse at every level even mental abuse with the men if nothing criminal. You just don't know.

#26     Apr 15, 2008
  7. You do realize that the "suspect" hasn't been in Texas in 30 yrs... and so far there is no Sarah?

#27     Apr 15, 2008
  8. Re; suspect and victim, there could be a credible explanation or authorities fabricated the pretense for the raid. In either case, the compound is history.

#28     Apr 15, 2008
  9. You guys are reaching a bit in this thread. I'll agree that the way in which this case has been handled is reminiscent of a bad ACLU bust. But let's face the facts - these communities are set up by the male elders as their own little version of heaven, where stinking, hairy middle age men defile young women against their will in the name of God. That's not a 'liberty'; men are not at liberty to deflower young women because some community 'leader' has decreed that it's time and gives ownership of near-children to selected men based on the number of cattle they own.

Don't get me wrong - I've seen some young women who hit puberty at about age 12 and by the time they're 16, they could cause accidents walking down the street.

There are women who stay in these situations and who defend the practice. Fine. There are other women who have to escape in the middle of the night and these women tell us what life is like for young girls in the community. The point here is that these young women are not given a choice, and that's illegal.

Guys like Warren Jeffs are classic megalomaniacs, who preach one thing and live another. If he had the discipline to bed only women who wanted to give themselves up, Jeffs would still be in Paradise instead of in a jail cell. But no... 15 young virgins weren't enough for him. He had to parcel out the other 15 who didn't want to be parceled out.

#29     Apr 15, 2008
  10. well this still isn't canada and we have a little thing called the constitution. whether people like this community or not.. the officials must follow the law in pursuing any violations. CPS has an horrific track record in certain states, some more than others and they need to be watched closely.

if there are violations of sexual abuse on minors then follow the law. the sheriff had an informant on the inside for 4 yrs.... and they didn't come up with anything.

there probably exist some "polygamy".... but technically i doubt YFZ'ers care about "marriage licenses." that being the case then we would have to arrest all males that cheat on their spouses.

#30     Apr 15, 2008