Just when we thought it couldn't get any better - 4X leveraged ETFs are coming!

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by SteveM, May 2, 2017.

1. Sig

Sig

Hard to manipulate the S&P 500, pretty much impossible to do it without the SEC finding you. Not so much for Bitcoin.

#21     May 4, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. fhl

fhl

#22     May 4, 2017
  3. Sig

Sig

I haven't heard much on this lately, would be interested to hear how it's going. They rigged the forex fixing as well so I guess you're right that nothing is too big to rig. Bitcoin is certainly a lot easier to manipulate without being caught than almost any traded security though.

#23     May 4, 2017
  4. fhl

fhl

They obviously have concerns about those issues but the biggest factor against bitcoin is that no gov't is going to lend credibility to bitcoin. Not as a currency.

#24     May 4, 2017
  5. Sig

Sig

Well they let us trade gold. I'm not sure they're conspiring against it so much as that they just don't really understand it. After 20 plus years in the federal govt I found lack of competency or fear of something new is the Occam's Razor explanation for most decisions of this nature.

#25     May 4, 2017
  6. %%
    I see your points Sig . Bit con, as some nickname name , it may be understood but simply not trusted or wanted.US gold coins , public mint, private mint gold coins have been around , published values,for 100's of years. Also i found out the so called top graded gold coins, appraisers have changed the measuring stick so to speak on that, so buyer beware.

#26     May 10, 2017
  7. ajacobson

ajacobson

#27     May 17, 2017