Just when things were turning around for me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aaronk321, Jun 8, 2007.

1. this three day down shit had to happen now. I was about to make up the losses from feb.

Damn, I thought buy the dip is a no lose position. anyways, at least NVTL is holding up for me. If tomorrow is a down day - I'm gonna start liquidating everything in sight.

Start off with my long term investments with the emerging markets mutual funds, energy funds, etc..

I might even try shorting again eventhough I failed miserably the last time I tried it.

2. bffft you got p0w3nd

0wn3d

p0w3nd

r00k3d

5cr3w3d

FUCK3D

53311 0FF

3. such is life. i'm up over 20k on NVTL alone - this downturn is holding it back. I'm expecting an explosion on this NVTL. shit.. if it pulls back and if swir pulls back - I'm loading these bitches on the truck..

4. swinger

swinger

What a worthless post. Stop wasting our time.

5. bffft you got p0w3nd

0wn3d

p0w3nd

r00k3d

5cr3w3d

FUCK3D

53311 0FF

wtf does this mean? yikes you grow more pathetic by the minute dude!

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Take a step back and look at what your doing. Every setback is an opportunity to learn. I always have learned more when things are going terribly than when they are going great. Anyway, sorry to hear that things are not going well for you right now and I hope they improve.

7. It fails miserably for most people.

Dump your weakest positions, then consider holding what held up best during the last 3 days while buying puts in instruments that are closely correlated with your positions, e.g. QQQQ, IWM or EEM puts. Google on information how to calculate the put size you need for your portfolio $$$ amount. Implied Vol. is very cheap (still). Buy them 2-3 months out and just stay in the market. If we tank 20% the puts will save you a lot of money and keep you in the market should we start basing. That could be in 2 days or in 2 months or in 2 years. But it will happen. Should we drop further significantly and you think the market is done for years you can still get out of the puts & your positions without having taken any further damage.

IMO it's way too early to "start shorting" with everything you got. Just as risky as staying in the market unprotected IMO.