Just when Joe Public was tired of shorting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HPT, May 7, 2008.

1. Another absurd post full of ridiculous logic . . .

"I believe that the trend is down . . . but I will sell my inverse funds tomorrow on a weaker opening."

So much for the trend being down.
    Blah, blah, blah.

#11     May 7, 2008
  2. I cannot believe how one day's actions changes the minds of so many.

#12     May 7, 2008
  3. May 6 was a huge headfake. When I saw the squeeze from Fannie Mae, I was sure something was up. Their results were almost catastrophic, then the shorts got squeezed hard pulling the indices up with it as a hedge. With many other things lining up, it was only a matter of time for the prop up to break down.

#13     May 7, 2008
  4. And I am meeting you with a full one! Cheers buddy :D
    I will take care of the bill (using bull's money)

PS: R U who I think you are?:)

#14     May 7, 2008
  5. "No one saw" that is not true. Few people saw it (OP, Rice*, myself). For myself check my call's today in response to Rennick out at 9:56AM. He said up, and I told him no down.

#15     May 8, 2008
  6. RiceRocket:

Headfake is exactly the same term I also used (it is in my comments today in Rennick Out/ my threads on NDX). A lot of people seemed to be so sure that it is slam dunk for them on upside.

I checked the volume and to my surprise people seem to have gotten the message only after the previous day low was broken. A lot of today's volume (on QQQQs) took place below yesterday's low (where most stops seem to be placed I guess).

#16     May 8, 2008
  7. HPT

HPT

maybe.

#17     Jun 20, 2008
  8. Today was massive volume. Yes, it was quadruple witching, but still.

Capitulation (intermediate term) selling of equities?

Anyone?

#18     Jun 20, 2008
  9. Joe the public doesn't have any savings and is in debt...public debt.

what don't you understand.

#19     Jun 20, 2008