just went long IBM.. anyone hate that trade?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jrlvnv, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Ninja

Ninja

Why do you feel so confident about this?

#11     Jun 9, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

It's an ok entry if you trade retracements, which come with smaller reward / risk ratios. I'd suggest to close this trade (now for a small profit), and wait for IBM to bounce down from just above / around $79.5, then trade with the trend (that now for swing trading seems to be pointed downwards).

#12     Jun 9, 2006
  3. FWIW, the 80 line calendar trade has been profitable the past 6 months or so. I will continue to sell nearby 80's until price action shows otherwise.

#13     Jun 9, 2006
  4. ==========

JRL;
    Like the price improvement:cool: & the stop;
    would probably even stop it @76.50 area, swing trade.

And while Dow theory/DIA is in your favor;
    SPY QQQQ ,IBM are below 50dma. , below 200dma, oops.

Hope it doesnt gap below stop;
    with downtrending market 79.55 or so ,would be fine profit also :cool:

#14     Jun 9, 2006
  5. Quote from nitro:

IBM's price will double in the next 3 years.

nitro

>> Probably most confident that in 3 years no one will remember the call. If it comes to pass you will be reminded.

Old carnival trick.

#15     Jun 9, 2006
  6. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Thanks for all you views on this trade. I did close out the postition for a very small gain. I forgot the most important rule. Trade with the trend.

Was my first day with IB and was trigger happy. Glad it wasn't a expensive lesson. Hopefully I'll have a better trade to post next week. Enjoy the weekend everyone

#16     Jun 10, 2006
  7. cnms2

cnms2

Gooood boy! :)

#17     Jun 10, 2006
  8. stock formed head and shoulders earlier this year and finally breaking down below neckline. buying stock was not a good trade. glad u got out with profit. lucky.

#18     Jun 10, 2006