Just want to share

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by vicn12, Jul 7, 2005.

1. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I have always been a fan of trading the insider information. www.insiderscore.com is a new site which I think will be too pricey, I'll keep this on the radar. I don;t know why it's free though.

#11     Jul 8, 2005
  2. vicn12

vicn12

By email of a friend. I would claim I know the owner or webmaster since he replied several of my emails :)

He added compay's historical chart on my suggestion, which is really nice.

#12     Jul 8, 2005
  3. KevinK

KevinK Guest

#13     Jul 8, 2005
  4. vicn12

vicn12

yes, I used to look at that site.

I found secform4 is easier to review the individual company's historical data. It has chat which you don't even need to look at the individual filings (of course I do from time to time). It only goes back 3 or 4 month in history, but to me, I don't even need to go back more than a week.

Another thing I like about secform4 is it summarizes all the transactions in the same filing and compute the average share price as well as the total value of the transaction, in one line. Some filings has 10 or even 20 transactions, form4oracle is very confusing when this occurs. I try to read the original filing and I got lost...

#14     Jul 8, 2005
  5. Thanks for sharing great site!

Does anyone have a good strategy to use this info they want to share?

#15     Jul 8, 2005
  6. I had same question, how you can benefit from them,
    when Transaction date and reported date has interval
    of several days? You will be late to the moves even
    doing swing trades?

Anyone to comment?

#16     Jul 9, 2005
  7. mhashe

mhashe

How about look for insiders buying in a heavily shorted stock. imo buy options if you know how to read charts and time the moves.

Related book has good info on the topic of investing with insiders

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books

Author runs Muzea Insiders Consulting Services for hedge funds and mutual funds. charges upwards of $20K per subscription.

Does anyone know where I can get a weekly update of IBD 100 list? There used to be a site where IBD 100 analysis was shared, but I guess he got shut down.

#17     Jul 9, 2005
  8. Chagi

Chagi

I can't suggest a strategy per say, but another site for Canadian securities would be http://www.canadianinsider.com/

I primarily find insider transactions useful for getting a picture of what company officers are thinking about the future prospects of a company. If you see someone unloading tons of shares, it's generally not a good sign, but if you see them loading up on shares current levels...

#18     Jul 9, 2005
  9. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I'm sure there is a good way to profit from this in combination with chart analysis.

If I find some way I will post it on my blog.

samsontrading@blogspot.com

#19     Jul 9, 2005
  10. vicn12

vicn12

The transaction date is when the event occured, the reported date is when the event was made public.

In between, the public doesn't know there is such an event occuring, until it was reported to the public. There may be few people who are close friends of the insider (my guess), but that should not affect the market. It is the public that will affect the market.

It is not until the transaction is made public then people start using the information. So, whoever get the info first win.

I pay very close attention to the real time data, especially the "Significant Buys".

For instance, as I mentioned, I bought PANL right after I saw the filing at $11.25, then later more people received the event, and start buying PANL, but I bought before them, so I win.

I also bought VPHM when I saw many insiders were buying at around $6, it was only a few weeks, and I have over 50% return.

I didn't buy CHK though when I saw it at around $20, now it is $25.

But I don't regret though, because those insider buying occurs every single day, except weekend, there are opportunities every single day.

You check this one:
    http://www.secform4.com/insider/showhistory.php?cik=1182129

I am very mad at myself for not buying when I saw the filing!!! It was my boss who called a meeting! I was already starting to click the order button then I canceled, because I had to leave right away!!!

#20     Jul 9, 2005