Just to think, had we bought FRE/FNM at .25/.35 ....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Adobian, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Adobian

Adobian

We would have made 6 times in a few days. ...

2. Yup... but heres the thing. Thats some idiot buying that stock up and theres no shorts to give him cheaper stock.... Its worthless.

3. no BS..I bot some at .39

for me its a call option with no theta. 0 or 50 baby

4. i picked up one at 38c and one of the other at 58c, can't recall which was which i immediately started thinking of it as 96c for the pair.

dm

5. m22au

m22au

Congratulations to everyone who bought this at much lower levels. For what it's worth, I covered my short position in FRE below 40 cents.

Apart from the ban on shorting, the related difficulty in borrowing the stock (i.e., existing short positions being bought in), and just 'momentum', is there a fundamental reason why these (nationalised) companies are trading above $1.80?

The $3 puts still look cheap to me, given that these stocks were below $1 yesterday, and could be trading below $1 later this week.

6. LOL

Some of us did buy it at 72, tight stoploss at 62, so could do a £5 stoploss and only be risking £50!! :D

7. Could've, should've, would've, might've.....................:cool:

8. Adobian

Adobian

Going higher. Can't believe this.

9. S2007S

S2007S

Bought and sold myself, was in under 70 cents and sold it yesterday for a nice profit, wish I had held but what are you going to do, Im sure FRE will be back under a dollar as quick as it was above $2.00.

I will be buying it again if it drops like it did last week.

10. As the Japanese proverb say, “If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle:)

#10     Sep 25, 2008