Just to prove gun control nuts are full of shit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I own two ar-15 type rifles. I do not own them because I'm worried about the government coming to my door with the army. I own them because I believe we are on a track economically where we could eventually go the way of greece and see riots in the street. When confronted with a rifle, the average man (even with a weapon) will withdraw. Rifles pack more fire power and provide excellent ability to defend oneself from a distance. Pistols are good within 10-15 feet, but pathetic beyond that.

You throw the words "military grade" around to suit your needs, but there's no real difference between a 30.06 hunting rifle and one of your "military grade" ar-15s except for capacity of magazines. In fact, the 30.06 has an advantage in everything except capacity and rate of fire. Both could easily kill someone.

#431     Dec 21, 2012
    smallfil likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Great, so why are you advocating making weapons illegal?

#432     Dec 21, 2012
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm sure if you wanted to collect an RPG, you could do so after filing numerous permits and the like. In fact, I'm sure of it. The bazooka argument is a stupid one.

#433     Dec 21, 2012
    smallfil and murray t turtle like this.
  4. Sorry but your fixation on what you call "military grade" weapons and rifles is laughable because they're no more lethal than many pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns (depending on distance and other factors), and in some cases less so. But tools like you who don't know that write drivel like the AR-15 "is a disguised m16" and demonize them out of ignorance.
    You have NO IDEA what "the minimal weapons that would be effective" are. You admit you've never served in the military let alone in combat and it shows from your foolish proclamations. This wouldn't be force-on-force, it would be asymmetric warfare and the 300+ million firearms currently spread out across the nation alone would make it mission impossible.

Which ties into another asinine comment you made:

One way a town can be secured is by airstrikes destroying about 10-20% of it, the rest will be given a chance of either surrender or death. Most will surrender.

It's a basic principle that land can't be secured without putting boots on the ground. You can bomb it all you want but without boots on the ground you don't own it. At least for very long. That you somehow "think" the military is anywhere near large enough to bomb the population into submission and then secure it shows just how detached from reality you are.

#434     Dec 21, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well done.

#435     Dec 21, 2012
  6. easymon1

easymon1

delete.jpg delete.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    #436     Mar 22, 2023
  7. %%
    And the gov has enough regulation on cosmetics;
    my 30-06+ .45, .308 WINchester are all military calibers, but none of my present rifles are military, except .3o-06. Dont worry/ a Remington 742 never looked military .:D:DLOL
    SO few crimes or maybe none since Al Capone, are done with machine guns ; the news media finally stopped most lying about semi -autos.:caution::caution:

#437     Mar 23, 2023
  8. Mercor

Mercor

The slippery slope of gun control

Kim Jong Un puts entire city under lockdown after soldiers lost 653 bullets - and refuses to lift it until every single one is found
    • North Korean officials have searched house-to-house in the city, sources claim

#438     Mar 27, 2023
  9. %%
    WELL NO wonder;
    the news media reported those were ''assault rifle ammo'' rounds.
    Nothing like an assault rifle name to enrage liberal loons or evil empire types.:caution::caution:

#439     Mar 27, 2023
    smallfil likes this.
  10. Innervoice

Innervoice

#440     Mar 27, 2023