Just Starting - General questions

Discussion in 'Forex' started by stfarm, Nov 5, 2006.

1. stfarm

stfarm

Sorry, I dont know what that means, nor do I want to offend anybody here. Yet, I would not go out of my to call a complete beginner dumb, that's an oxymoran....
    And I have so many other 'dumb' questions, but now I wonder where to go to ask them....oh well..
    I am a beginner, therefore all of my questions will seem pretty stupid to all with at least 3 month experience.
    I am a programmer with 20 years experience, yet i would never dream of to say something like this to my students...must be a mentality thing I guess.
    Again, I apologize do waste anybodies time here....please change the channel.

#31     Nov 5, 2006
  2. stfarm,

some of these guys know their sh*^t. Traders can be a little rough around the edges, especially the good ones.

Don't let this stuff bother you. ET is an anonymous internet board and these guys are a great bunch...and you might even meet them in person at the next Expo...Baron springs for the drinks and we all have a great time...

Michael B.

#32     Nov 5, 2006
  3. stfarm

stfarm

Sounds great, I hope to do just that. Thank you Michael.

#33     Nov 5, 2006
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Farm:

Please don't get your panties in a bunch!

I was trying to help, you are going to need to develop thicker skin and not take every comment on the internet to heart.

Good luck on your quest for the investment truth, it is out there!

cheers,

el surdo

#34     Nov 5, 2006
  5. stfarm

stfarm

Sorry man, this not the first forum this is happening, so after a while I guess it does not take too much anymore...
    Not making excuses, but I have a lot of stress in my life right now.....and I really want to make it in FOREX.

Again, thank you for your help...really.

#35     Nov 5, 2006
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

Steve,

I wasn't sure of your level of experience w/trading from you post. Are you completely new to trading, or just trading FX?

If you are indeed a complete newbie, I assume, from your comments, that you're planning to trade using technical analysis? And you have little if any experience w/it? If so, imo, at this point you're asking the wrong questions. You need to be learning about charts, price action and volume, support and resistance, momentum and volatility, trends and ranges, retracement, climaxes, tests, supply and demand, etc... You should not be worrying so much about the specifics of FX for now, or how much money you'll make, but rather basic TA, how to read a chart. And if that's the journey you're taking, be prepared for a long trip, as there are, quite literally, countless ways of going about getting to your own personal destination.

I would suggest starting w/basic price action and volume analysis. Wyckoff is good. This group has much to offer, including lots of free info in the files section:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wyckoff-SMI/

If I've misread your experience w/TA and trading, please disregard this post. ;)

H

#36     Nov 6, 2006
  7. stfarm

stfarm

You nailed it, this is exactly what I need!! Thank you very much.
    Are you able to point me to some support and resistance information? I have read a lot, and that seems to come up a lot.
    Thank you again.

#37     Nov 6, 2006
  8. hcour

hcour Guest