just sold my last house leaving real estate market want to trade

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by d00d, Apr 26, 2007.

1. xiaodre

xiaodre

d00d, here's something to think about:

If you have a random way of entering the market, like what the guy below suggests, then you can still make money by having a good exit system.
    Think about it. It's not like playing roulette because exiting the trade is up to you. The game doesn't end until you decide when it ends. So, if you are able to cut your losses short, and let your winning trades kinda run on a bit (by using some information or other), you have just made a system that will make money.

#31     Apr 27, 2007
  2. TOM134

TOM134

Well your right, xiaodre.

Just like Raven - the dart throwing - monkey!

But the success of Raven was that he 'basket' traded.

See, its not all that difficult!

Tom

#32     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Sorry but a quote like this above is a confirmation the market ioverheated. Nothing against you mate but when everyone gets in its time to do the opposite

#33     Apr 27, 2007
  4. xiaodre

xiaodre

I'm no monkey. I'm a tool. I can't beat Raven.

He is on the other side of my trades!

#34     Apr 27, 2007
  5. Not trying to be a prick or anything but, thank you in advance for your money.

#35     Apr 27, 2007
  6. Aok

Aok

Does Raven have a hedge fund?

:D

#36     Apr 27, 2007
  7. xiaodre

xiaodre

So you don't even have to try? Being a prick comes that naturally?

#37     Apr 27, 2007
  8. xiaodre,

You may not get it but red ink is offering the op more valuable advice than most of the posters here. Its subtly disguised but its actually very very good advice.

I am optimistic that he will ignore it (not being a prick or anything).

#38     Apr 27, 2007
  9. If I were you, and have a nice sum of money. I would take some of it and put it in a business that generates cash. Get you some bread and butter coming in. Paper trade for a while and if you become profiable open up a small account at ib and see how it works in a real market.

#39     Apr 27, 2007
  10. TOM134

TOM134

dood,

If you still want to get into this 'game' let me know.

I will recommend some reading material that helped me when I first started out in this 'crazy' business.

With a little reading, thinking, patience, and a dash of luck you can have an advantage.

I think you have what it takes = maturity.

Tom

#40     Apr 27, 2007