just sold my last house leaving real estate market want to trade

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by d00d, Apr 26, 2007.

1. d00d

d00d

in 2004 whatever I purchased in Lee County Florida went up 10k per month, it was one of if not the hottest market in the usa. It was a frenzy.

Sellers put a home on the market and by 5 that night they had several bids to choose from.

Now nothing is selling, and I mean nothing.

#21     Apr 27, 2007
  2. dtan1e

dtan1e

my advice is unless u have a passion for something don't go into it, its actually a lot more difficult to make it in trading then most can imagine, this is not to discount those that finds it easy, i think this r the high iqs type

#22     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Start with a finite amount of money that you would be willing to lose, and when you lose that, stop and step back a bit.

Most people lose big because they won't lose small.

Then, if you still want to trade, concentrate on not losing money rather than making money.

#23     Apr 27, 2007
  4. What is your expectation for the next year in the housing market
    in your area?

#24     Apr 27, 2007
  5. I would suggest that you spend significant time first educating yourself. You first need to have some idea of your own about which way to begin. Without that you don't have much of a possibility of success.

There's a variety of ways to begin. One is trading. Another is investing. Completely different animals. And I would say your chances are much better with "investments" than with "trading". Nonetheless, do some reading and study about each of these areas to determine which appeals to you the most.

Thinking about it, I would take a look at the Market Wizard books, I think there are 3 of them. Read them all. Stories of guys who have been very successful. There you will see different techniques in the many biographies, so that you can evaluate what interests you.

Once you have determined what intersts you, then you need to set out to learn about that area.

What I wouldn't do is throw any money at the market without knowing anything about the market. And it's clear that right now you don't.

Good luck with it.

OldTrader

#25     Apr 27, 2007
  6. artes

artes

I propose to You , to start with "writing covered calls", selling options against stocks. This the more sure attitude.

Web site extract:
    = "By writing stock covered call options monthly in a self-directed IRA at 5% gain -- $978 could grow to $341,000 in ten years. In contrast, in an IRA at a bank yielding 6% interest per year, it would take one hundred years to reach $297,000. Stock covered call options in an IRA can provide a way to make up for years when your retirement funds didn't grow fast enough.

Many stock options investors know about stock covered call options. Writing stock covered call options can be a great source of income when the stock market is going up. But what about times when the stock market is falling? You could just sit on the sidelines until the stock market turns around, but you need an income stream you can count on every month.

Stock covered put options to the rescue. Writing stock covered put options allows you to profit from a declining stock market. When advisors suggest writing stock put options, they generally mean naked puts, which are very risky. With stock covered put options you have already sold the stock short, so you don't care if it drops sharply. " =

You can see at the web site (more google: 12.400.000 pages!) http://www.get122.com/stock-options.htm#c and start in french there http://www.dot-circle.net/bourse/bourse.html and the excellent links memo (Linkcity NASDAQ) at the page : http://www.linkcity.be/fr/nasdaq - http://www.dot-circle.net/coveredcall.html

#26     Apr 27, 2007
  7. artes

artes

8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

And probably 80% of those why try trading have no business giving it a shot.

#28     Apr 27, 2007
  9. I think you are being too kind with that 80% figure :)

#29     Apr 27, 2007
  10. Don't confuse business with trading.

Everyone can have a go. Everyone should have a go. The odds are better than the lotteries. Entry is only a little harder than keno. And they feed the rest of us. My thanks to the thousands who contribute and have a little fun while they do it.

Win-win for everyone except the government ... and sod them anyway.

#30     Apr 27, 2007